Chapter 10

While we were loaded onto the bus, Mr. Aizawa told us that we were to sit in alphabetical order. No one really seemed to care, though, despite Iida who insisted until Uraraka told him to "ssshhhuuuut it!"

He slumped down in his seat and as the seats filled up in the front, I realized I'd have to make my way to the back.

I sat in the very back; in the very first seat I saw.

With a sigh, I began to play with the hem of my skirt.

"Hey! You're (Y/N), right? The foreigner?" I glanced up to the boyish voice and was met with brilliant red eyes and matching red hair. It seemed spiky, like if I were to touch it, I'd end up all cut or with a hole in my hand.

"Ha, am I going to be known as the 'foreigner' now?" I shot him a crooked smile and he let out a chuckle.

"HELL yeah! Probably for a bit, sorry man. We introduced ourselves during that hero vs villain crap, so you probably don't exactly remember my name-" He rubbed the back of his neck. "I'm Kirishima Ejiro, by the way!"

The rest of the bus ride we spent talking to one another, it honestly had felt like we had known each other since we were born! He was hilarious and apparently so was I, so we'd laugh and get glares shot back at us by our depressing home room teacher. I suppose we were bring 'a bit too loud'.

We got off of the bus together and walked in side-by-side, so all of our class gathered in the USJ together.

~~~~~~

After we took the long, exhausting bus ride to USJ, we were met with Thirteen! They're honestly one of my favorite pro heroes! I always wondered what they looked like under that big suit...maybe they're just the Michelin man!

While they spoke, I turned to Denki. "Psst," I whispered, "do you think Thirteen is just a giant black hole, or the Michelin man?"

"....Bet you 10 bucks they're the Michelin man-"

"Bet—."

"(L/N), Kaminari! It isn't very polite of you guys to be talking at the moment." Iida interrupted out conversation, waving is arms around as he spoke like he usually did. So, if you could-" Iida stopped mid-sentence, looking behind me with his jaw dropped. The aura around us changed, and my senses were going off the rails.

Everything felt wrong about this situation, and I didn't dare look behind me.

"Kids." Mr. Aizawa spoke up, getting into a fighting stance. "This isn't part of our class. That's a real villain.

"Woah-- what the hell is that thing?" Kirishima tugged on the fabric of my hero costume and pointed towards a cloud of....smoke? "Has the training started already? I...weren't we gonna be rescuing people?"

Kirishima took a step forward.

"Stay back." Mr. Aizawa warned, causing us to flinch. "This is real, kids. Those are real life villains. They are NOT part of USJ."

I gulped and gasped for air, it felt like it had left my chest and I began to panic.

'What if they're here for me?' I began to back up towards the doors to USJ, I couldn't hear what my classmates and teachers were talking about. I was entirely consumed in my thoughts. 'Oh my God what if they're going to hurt everyone- ohGodohGodohgodohgod-- I've just dragged everyone into my mess and I--'

My heart dropped and I froze in place. I had backed into someone and it managed to finally break me out of my thoughts as smoke or mist surrounded the being.

"There is no escape for you children." He said and I let out panicked breaths. "It's a pleasure to meet you, we are the Leage of Villains."

I stared at Thirteen, the hero infront of me, hoping she would pull me away. I felt like I couldn't move. I covered my ears with my hands and fell to my knees, trying to block out the man's voice but it didn't work.

Looking up, I saw Bakugo and Kirishima get into a offensive stance. That's when I knew to run to them, and I hid behind Kirishima. He looked back to me with a reassuring smile before he and Bakugo charged forward, unleashing what seemed to be a devastating blow.

"Did you think we were gonna just stand around and let you tear this place to shreds?" I could practically hear the smirk on Kirishima's face when he said that, it sounded like he had waited his whole life to say that one line.

The smoke from their attack cleared away, but the man was still there, now showing that he did in fact have a body for just a split second. "You live up to your schools reputation. But, you should be more careful children. Otherwise, someone might get hurt."

Thirteen raised her voice, "You two, get out of the way right now!" She demanded.

"I'll scatter you across this facility," the mist began to rush toward us and I ran towards who I felt safest by; Kirishima. "to meet my comrades, and your deaths!"

"crap!" Kirishima held an arm out for me to grab so I wouldn't be blown away. "What the hell is this?!"

Everything went black, and the next thing I knew was that Kirishima and I had fallen out from the air and landed in some sort of building. He grabbed onto me and hardened his back, putting me directly infront of him so no matter how we landed, the only thing touching the ground would be his back.

I shut my eyes as I felt the impact of the building as his back broke through the floors until our fall slowed down and we finally landed on some ransom floor. When I opened my eyes, I noticed familiar spiky blonde hair laying on the floor beside us.

I groaned, sitting up and off of Kirishima. He took a deep breath and sat up as if nothing had happened, even stretching.

"Glad you two are okay." He smiled which caused the blonde to yell.

"SPEAK FR YOURSELF, SHITTY HAIR!"

"Hey! My name is Kirishima, yknow!"

"YEAH YEAH, WHATEVER..." The blonde looked over to me. "Who the fuck are you?"

I was offended, not going to lie, but I couldn't even respond before a villain charged at me.

Unlike earlier, I was calm. I knew they hadn't come for me because they would have taken me by now."

I took a deep breath in, clearing my mind before unleashing a Senretsu Kyaku and watching the villain fly across the room.

Yes, a street fighter Chun-Li move.

Over the years, I've come to realize that wow. My quirk is shitty when I have people I wanna protect. What else is a girl supposed to do besides steal moves from her icon?