Chapter 14

"You're serious?" I asked with an amused grin as Denki puffed out a couple pillows and set them on the floor. He took a seat on one, gesturing for me to sit beside him.

I gladly did so, fixing my outfit after I had sat down. I was a little anxious to be alone with him, but I don't think this is the first time we've been alone.

"Yeah! I was kind of a late bloomer in terms of quirks..." He laughed slightly, rubbing the back of his neck with an embarrassed grin. "Long story short, I ended up frying the place when we were trying ways to figure out what my quirk was."

I nodded along, and he grew quiet, looking toward the entrance of the little hut.

"(Y/N), I don't know if it's too soon to ask but..." He looked up at me nervously, a slight blush on his face.

I felt myself blush, that could mean many things.

'Is he going to confess his feelings for me?! Does he even have feelings for me?'

"Could you tell me about the boy in the photo? Yknow, the one from earlier?" He looked down to his lap, playing with his thumbs.

'Oh'.

"Uh, yeah--" I sighed, just a bit dissapointed. It got a bit difficult to look the blonde in the eyes as the guilt of that day filled my mind. All the what-ifs. "He's my twin brother..."

I felt a hand on my shoulder and met eyes with Denki as he rubbed me shoulder in a reassuring manner, flashing an apologetic smile.

"Sorry, (Y/N). You don't have to talk about it now...I can wait, don't worry. I don't wanna overwhelm a pretty girl like you~" He said with a wink, making me roll my eyes at how flirty he is.

"Oh, be quiet you...sparky boy." I struggled to come up with an insult.

He chuckled. "What is that supposed to mean, fish girl?"

"We're giving Bakugo level insults." I raised a brow, laughing slightly. "Wow, how mature of us!"

"You bring out the best in me--" I froze up at his words and he did the same. That comment would normally mean nothing had it been from someone else, but to hear it from him...It meant more to me. But I didn't know what to say.

At this point we were both flustered messes, too young to understand our feelings for each other...but it was starting to become very clear.

~~~~

After a what felt like a few hours of talking and just hanging out, we peeked outside of the tent. It was dark outside, darker than I expected.

I pulled out my phone to check the time.

8 p.m. On a Sunday. When my parents don't know where I am, and I have to be up by 6 for school...

"Crap..." I muttered, biting my lip as I grew anxious of the talking-to I'll get when I go home. 

"What's up?" Denki asked, looking down to my phone screen in attempt to find out what caused my sudden shift in mood. 

I put my phone in my pocket, scrambling out of the tent. "I gotta go home," I exclaimed, "It's way past my curfew!"

"But it's early!" He exclaimed, looking around as he ran and followed me.

I know it's early, but ever since my brother was killed, I've had a tight curfew. I didn't bother explaining it to him-- it's too soon.

Denki walked me home and waved goodbye to me. He told me to tell my parents goodnight before he walked off into the night.

"(Y/N)." A voice called out to me from the kitchen.

'Oh fucking shit I'm going to die! I hung out with that idiot for HOURS.'

Despite knowing it was my mother, who oh so angrily called my name, I made my way there and feigned innocence.

"H-heyyyy....ma!" I managed to blurt out and avoided eye contact. "Where's...where's dad?"

She raised a brow, tapping her fingers on the kitchen table almost impatiently.

"Doing hero work. You know that."

All of a sudden, my phone buzzed. My mom made her way over to me and held her hand out. "Phone."

I know that I wanna live so I just handed it over.

She looked at the message on my lockscreen and...smiled? For some reason, she handed it back over to me. Any trace of anger just disappeared.

Unlocking my phone in confusion, I now know what she was smiling about.

Electric poser:
Hey (Y/N) uwu
Just wanted to say goodnight to the most beautiful girl in the world💘💘💘see you Monday

I smiled at my phone, my heart m e l t i n g. My feelings are being all weird and stuff. I can't focus on anything else. I found myself rereading the message over and over in his voice.

Me:
Goodnight pretty boy

A lame response but I'm a lame person who doesn't know what to say. Like. Ever.

1 new message from:
Bakugo Katsuki

(8/16/19)