|Chapter One|

Kenny McCormick found himself unable to die one mostly hushed night. Everything from the cars on the street to his own breathing was still. He was at a very juvenile age when he first tried to commit suicide. It was a sad story admittedly. His father had lost his job for what felt like the hundredth time in a row before he started to down the bottles one by one. 

He had beaten Kenny hard on the cheek, causing a blister to form under his eye. He knew, even before this, that it was no use to cry. No mercy was going to be given. The only thing that kept the blonde boy from beating him was his sister, Karen, and even his good for nothing brother Kevin.

He knew he could take it. He wasn't so sure about his siblings. His mother wasn't as corrupt that night. She only scolded him staying out too late, but is it really his fault if he almost got mugged for nothing? Kenny didn't try explaining that to her though. Despite what his grades said, he wasn't a moron.

The first time the decision to go through with his plan was that twilight in bed, staring at a booby picture on his ceiling. "Life is so fucking crappy." He thought. "Dad's an alcoholic, mom's a prostitute, Kevin's a druggy, and I'm a whore. At least mom is making income for this family." But there was still one fact that he was forgetting.

Karen. Who would take care of her? Certainly not their parents. Certainly not their eldest. She was the only thing keeping him from what he thought to be, eternal bliss. Boy was he wrong. He pushed the feelings of sadness and pity down deep to be covered up by loneliness, and the screams of his parents from below. 

Kenny climbed out of his bed, step by step. "I'm really going to do this..." He contemplated. "I'm really going to kill myself." He was more surprised than scared. Never in a thousand years did he think to end it all. Never in a thousand lifetimes did he think ending it all would be so damn hard.

He tore a piece of paper from a sketchbook he had gotten for his birthday from Stan and wrote down what he thought would be his final 'words' on the sheet. 

'Goodbye, Dearest Family,

It's kind of funny how life works. We only live long enough to give another life, then we die. Maybe sooner. Maybe later. But we all die. People always say life is precious, and life is rare. Well, if life is so rare, how come there are more than 10 million people in the world? Don't get me wrong, it's an honor to be here on Earth but why'd I get to be placed here? Yeah, yeah, I get it. 

Too many questions, not enough answers. If God is real, how come he made to the clock run short? From the moment we're even conceived, we're running out of time. How's that for a Bible?

Normally, suicide letters are like "Oh the woe! I have been tortured by all of you! Goodbye cruel world!", but that's exactly why I'm not telling you all the things you did wrong. You've got to learn that for yourselves. 

Karen, never give up. I know things look down now, with me killing myself and all that shit, but you're a positive person. You'll get through it if you try. From now on, I'll be your guardian angel. Or demon. Who knows? Well, if you're reading this, I probably do. 

Kev lay off the drugs. I know pain killers, kill the pain, but right now there are better things to do and spend your money on. Like, feed your fucking family! Hey yeah, that's a good idea!

Mom and Dad. Go fuck yourselves. I'll see you in hell.

-Love, Kenny McCormick.'

The letter represented exactly how he felt. It almost made him smile underneath his hood. "I don't even know how I'm going to do it!" Kenny laughed to himself in a moment of complete and utter insanity. 

He thought about the roof but came to the conclusion it would be too messy for them to clean up afterward. Drinking rat poison sounded pretty okay, but they were poor. They ate the rats, so no poison. Knife? Too bloody. Gun? Too loud. Drown? Too traumatizing for Karen.

Overdose. "That's it!" He mentally cheered. There was a full bottle of melatonin in the broken cabinet for when his dad was cheating on his mom. She always said it gave her a dreamless sleep. Just like death. It seemed fitting.

He raced himself down the stairs, tripping over himself like he had two left feet. Letter in hand, he opened the bottle and grabbed a handful of pills. It looked unappetizing to swallow all of them, but hey! Maybe he'd choke!

Kenny ran back upstairs to his room and uncrumpled the letter and set in on his nightstand. He took about one-sixth of the pills in hand and swallowed. He gagged a few times before forcing them down this own throat. The boy repeated this five more times, getting sleepier with each pill. He could feel his heart rate slowing down along with his breathing. 

A smile crept onto his still mostly covered face as he slipped into sleep, and out of life. The next thing he remembered was a crowd that looked like a tour group. People from everywhere in one place. 

He heard a roar and pushed his way through the crowd to see a half red human half-goat creature standing on a stage. "I am Satan! Welcome to Hell!" The monster laughed evilly.

Kenny was very surprised to be in Hell. Not that he didn't know he was a sinner, it was that he had actually done it. "It worked! Suck my dick!" He celebrated.

"Who the fuck is this kid?" Satan asked nobody in particular. The demon at the podium shrugged, as it was none of his business. That was Death's job. "Fuck you dad!" He yelled giving the finger to the flaming sky above him, seeing as he was in the underworld. 

People from the mob were yelling. "I'm a Christain! I followed every passage from the Bible! Why am I in Hell!?" One lady screamed in anger. "I was a Jewish priest!" A few people turned to boo the old man. Kenny had made fun of Kyle a few times for being Jewish but never would have done that to one of his best friends or another person.

"Who was right!?" Someone yelled, more curious than mad. "Mormons!" Satan replied in his normal slightly scary voice. The crowd "boo"ed and "aww"ed the devil-like it could change something. 

Kenny spent the day in Hell. He met a kid in all black who claimed to be the spawn of Satan but had an insanely high pitched voice making Kenny laugh. He got tortured worse than the others he saw because of that.

The physical pain was worse than he had ever experienced in his life. Flames seared his skin as whips and knives bruised and cut his skin. "So this is Hell," He thought. "It's even better than I imagined!" 

The next day he woke up, back in his bed. "No," Kenny said, shocked. "No!" He jumped out of bed and checked himself for the burns he felt so clearly in Hell. Nothing. 

"I was so close!" He cried. The letter was still on his bedside. The words haven't even gotten to read by anyone other than himself. He grabbed the paper harshly and pulled a brown cardboard shoebox out from under his bed. 

His box of memories. A bracelet Karen made for him one to many days ago. A photo of him, Stan, Kyle, and Cartman all looking happy in front of a Best Buy. A ball made from rubber-bands that he had collected over the years. Lastly a feather he had modified to become a pen if you had ink of course.

Kenny shoved the letter in the box with all the other worthless items. He cried for many days after that. He shot himself, met Sudan. He jumped off the roof, ate cookies made by Satan himself.  He slit his throat, had a meaningful chat with Death. Laid on the train tracks, implied himself, pulverized his face, decapitation, drowning, and even boring himself to death! None of these things worked.

He cried every day when he woke up from his stained and broken down mattress. He cried every time he couldn't seem to get it right.

This seemed to go on for years. Met a girl, dumped a girl. Fucked, drank, cried. Just part of the cycle. It got to the point where he didn't care about leaving a note or saying goodbye to his friends. Kenny just wanted to die and stay dead.