|Chapter Fourteen|

It was a normal day for Leopold "Butters" Scotch, and he was sitting on his bed reading a book about rabbits and bunnies. He often imagined what their fur felt like as he'd never met anyone with a bunny. Just smiles and happy thoughts for right now until a knock could be heard from downstairs.

"I'll get it!" He yelled hopping down from the bed and making his way to the first floor. Butters was a little more than happy to see Kenny at first but noticed the homemade pack quickly afterward. "Hi." Was all Kenny had to say before being invited inside.

Butters cleared his throat awkwardly. "So fella, why are you here?" He asked rubbing Kenny's back because he was, and looked distressed. 

The other sighed and just pulled Butters into a hug and sobbing lightly. Butters hugged back trying his best to make Kenny feel better with little to no luck. "What's the matter?" He asked, neither pulling away just yet.

"Family issues..." Was all that the immortal could mutter. He wanted to tell Butters everything. From him not being able to die, to his father, to random thoughts that entered his head. "Oh." 

Butters was the one to pull away first. "W-what happened?" He asked gripping the other's shoulders in alarm. "I... I don't want to get into it... But I kinda ran away... At least for right now. And I don't want to burden you bu-"

The new kid shushed Kenny by putting a finger over where his lips would be. "I-is it real bad? Do we need to call the police?" Kenny pursed his lips and shook his head no, knowing their attempts would be futile. 

He sighed sadly and buried his face in his hands. Somehow he was to come up with a believable excuse that didn't sound crazy. No way was he going to tell the truth when it came to immortality. And no way was Butters going to believe him if he had told the truth. That's how he came up with the idea to just push the topic away. If it came up anyway.

The other was starting to worry about the well being of Kenny -as any good friend and person should- and his long pause didn't help. "How can I help, Ken? With the w-way you're acting, it's not very safe a home, is it?"

Kenny nodded. He didn't feel the need to lie about that part but was a bit annoyed about hoe Butters pushed for answers. "No, it's not..." He stated blankly as if it was a commonly known fact. "I just needed to get away from it all and you were the first person that came to mind that could provide some comfort..."

As selfish as it was, Butters found pride in Kenny's words. He'd never been first in line for anything, and now someone had just come to him. And that person was Kenny. "I'll ask my parents if you can stay here for at least tonight... Stay put for now fella." He said snapping back to reality.

Butters went off to collect his parents and Kenny did as Butters requested. He couldn't help but look around at the Scotch's living room. A distinct paint smell filled the whole house but it wasn't overwhelming. All the moving boxes had been either thrown or packed away making the room seem more spacious than before. 

Mr. and Ms. Scotch rushed into the room after just a few moments of talking to their son. Kenny waved shyly and got up to shake their hands. "M-mom, dad, this is Kenny. He ran away because of something that happened with his family." Butters introduced them.

"How wonderful to meet you, and how terrible to know you're here..." Butters's mom said shaking Kenny's hand roughly. "Yeah, I guess you could say that," Kenny replied not knowing how exactly to respond. 

Mr.Scotch was more intimidating than his wife but wasn't what he'd call scary. "So you ran away?" The older male questioned. "Yeah..."

"And that's why you have that 'bag'?" He said pointing to Kenny's make-shift bag. "It's also my blanket. I tied the corners together to make the bag." 

Ms.Scotch looked down at Keny with sympathy. "Why did you run away? You couldn't have gotten in that big of a fight..." The blonde gave a low growl that signaled his refusal to answer her question. "Well, no matter. You are welcome to stay with us for as long as you need." 

Kenny gave his thanks before Butters's parents left the two teens alone again. "I thought you said we were going to take things slow." The immortal decided to hopefully clear the air with a bit of humor. "Huh?" Butters said confused. "Meeting your parents? Aren't we going a bit fast?"

The other finally caught on. "But we were going oh so slow before!" He said changing his voice to have less of a stuffy sound to it. "And I just can't hold back any longer!" Butters pressed his wrist to his forehead dramatically.

"But you promised! I just don't know how you expect me to trust you when you can't even show your commitment to our relationship!" Butters was having a hard time following the storyline but continued anyway. "I show commitment in other ways!"

Kenny stood up and flung his arms up. "How? What will the kids think?" "The kids!?" Butters choked for a second on air breaking character. "It's my game, just play."

He stayed still for a moment, ignorant to what to say. "Would you like something to eat?" He asked changing the subject. Kenny nodded quickly with a smile. Butters was about to leave the room when he heard a small 'thank you' that made his lips pull into a smile. He returned moments later with a small plate of warmed up soup that was leftovers from the night prior. 

"Oh my God," Kenny said staring at the food. "I must have died and gone to Heaven..." He was practically drooling. Of course, lukewarm soup wasn't what they served in Heaven, but if Butters was offering the meal it might as well be. 

Butters's lips pursed into a small frown. Leftovers from the night before made his friend go crazy with delight. How long had he been underfed? How much had it affected him? How bad was it at home? But no matter how much Butters wanted to know the answers he knew Kenny would never tell him. Perhaps it was a good thing he ran away.

Before they knew it, the soup was gone. Kenny giggled and licked his lips looking for any trace of food that was left. It was something he did since he didn't know when his next meal was or if there was a next meal at all. But there it wasn't like the Hunger Games. He stood up and started to walk away from the living room.

"Where are you goin' feller?" Butters asked. "Well, I didn't think you were giving the grand tour so I thought I'd do it myself." The new kid blushed from embarrassment. He'd never meant to be rude. "O-oh. Sorry, I'll show you around!"

The new kid rushed over Kenny and the immortal linked their arms. "Shall we go?" Butters asked. "We shall." Replied the teen with a sly smile. 

Butters showed his new housemate where everything was, what is okay to do and what not to touch. Although he kept it to himself, Kenny found Butters's dad's liquor cabinet. "Sweet." He mumbled under his breath. "Did you say something fella?" The teen asked wondering what was holding Kenny up. "Nope." 

All and all, the Scotch family had turned the place around in a matter of days. Most of the work was done by Butters's mom, but still. Now only the living room was out of sink from Ms.Scotch constantly painting over. "So," Kenny said breaking the silents. "Where do I sleep?" He asked.

Butters tapped his chin in thought. "Well, you could sleep on the couch or you could sleep in my bed if you get cold." He suggested thoughtfully. Butters was about to leave when he was suddenly pulled into a tight hug, arms wrapped around his waist.

"K-Kenny!?" Butters's whole face turned a dark red. "Thank you for everything you've done for me. I owe you... so much..." Kenny breathed out, his breath tickling Butters's neck. 

"I'll do anything to make it up to you. And that's a fact..."