|Chapter Fifteen|

The night air was cold and dry. Kenny laid awake on the couch craving warmth. No matter how hard he pulled on the strings of his hood, it didn't seem to stop the sting of the night. He had shoved his blanket into his jacket for inclination but nothing seemed to work. 

"G-god d-damn it-t." He cursed at himself. "I-I shoulda t-taken th-th-that offer..." Kenny's teeth clattered together making it hard to talk properly. He shifted from side to side trying to get comfortable. The feat was impossible. 

He cursed getting up and pulling the blanket out of his parka and just laid on the couch. Kenny remembered hearing somewhere that it's easier to fall asleep in the cold. That's bullshit. Utter bullshit. Kenny got up frustrated and paced around the living room. 

What else could he do to end the suffering that is insomnia? He walked into the kitchen and opened the last drawer closest the door. He found a false bottom in that drawer when Butters was showing him around. It was a hidden liquor stash filled with mostly vodka.

Kenny unscrewed the cap to the first bottle and took a swig before spitting it back out. "That's a sipping drink!" He wheezed coughing into his sleeve trying not to wake anyone up. "I. Regret. Everything!" 

Kenny got a glass the next time and sipped slowly. "Much better..." He slurred after a few -okay, more than a few- glassfuls. "Haha, I'm gay~." He laughed taking another sip. If you didn't know beforehand, Kenny was a happy drunk and very honest. 

"That's such a funny -hic- word. Gay~. G-a-y." Suddenly he heard footsteps and Kenny's drunken mind began to panic. "Ken...?" Butters was at the foot of the doorway and very tired. He had heard a loud manic-like laugh from downstairs. "What are you doing...?"

Kenny stopped dead in his tracks. "T-this is vodka, I mean vinegar, I -hic- mean something more believ-hic-able!" He panicked not realizing he was holding the bottle, the label turned toward Butters. "Fella, how did you get that?"

"Uh... Distraction!" He yelled throwing the glass he was holding across the room and it shattered on the floor. Glass spread everywhere. "Kenny, are you okay? It's late you should get to bed." He said leaning down and picking up the biggest pieces and throwing it away in a nearby trash bin. 

Sadly, Butters had grown up around drunks and just thought everyone was that way. "Butters?" Kenny felt guilty about the way he was acting and quite frankly, didn't know what to do in this situation. "Yes, feller?"

He cleared his throat as if he was about to say something important. "I'm fuck-hic-ed up! I like dick and -hic- pussy and I'm fucked!" Kenny said glaring and pointing at Butters intensely. "And it's your fault!" 

The blonde was taken back by Kenny's comment. His fault? Nothing Kenny was saying made sense! "E-excuse me?" He said thinking something random just slipped from the boy's lips. "I-I don't know what you're talking about!" He defended himself.

"S-sure you don't..." Kenny slurred sarcastically. "You're too -hic- fuckin' cute and nice and kind and hot and sweet and smart and amazing and funny and amazing, and amazing, but you don't know what I'm talkin' about!" Butters shook his head no catching on slowly.

"Well fuck you!" Kenny said louder holding up the middle finger. Butters was about to leave when the other grabbed at Butters's arm. "Nooo..." He moaned desperately. Kenny wasn't ready and didn't want Butters to leave. Not yet. 

But enough was enough and the blonde was getting sick of Kenny's riddle-like behaviors. "Kenny, what in the world is going on?" He asked half annoyed, half concerned. "And you'd better answer me now or I'll go right back into bed."

This just made Kenny squeeze Butters's arm tighter. "I -hic- like you," He said, a crimson blush covering his cheeks. "Like, a lot. A lot, a lot." Butters's heart fluttered at Kenny's confession. He'd never been liked before. Not like that. What about him could be so appealing? He wasn't any of those things Kenny called him by a long shot. 

Kenny pulled on Butters's arm forcing the other into an awkwardly positioned hug. Kenny laid his head on Butters's chest and wrapped his arms around his waist. He never wanted to let go. The relief of letting feelings, any feelings out at all was refreshing. 

He couldn't die and everybody he told wouldn't believe him. His mom knew and never told, he hates his father with all the hate in the world, and his brother came back setting everyone farther back financially. Kenny's confession about the most innocent feeling he'd ever felt? Pure bliss. He partly forgot about the problem of Butters even returning the feeling or not. 

The blonde in question was joyful and confused. First, the thought of Kenny truly liking him made his heart thump but he couldn't tell if it was because it had been the first time anyone had ever told him anything close to romantic, or if it was because Kenny had told him. 

Butters did want a romantic relationship, one filled with love and sweet morning kisses, but never had someone to fill the fantasy with. In addition to being bi-curious, he was also demiromantic* and didn't think of those types of relationships often. Or not as often as other people do. The only romantic feeling he had was for a Canadian girl with brown hair. He was shot down immediately. 

"Kenny...?" He whispered into the other's orange hood that glowed in the moonlight. Kenny hummed into Butters's chest making him hold in a small giggle. He was unknowingly tickling him, and he was very ticklish. "You need to get some sleep." He said petting his best friend's head soothingly. 

The immortal groaned and wined clutching Butters's pajamas. "I don't want to... Don't make me go to sleep... I'll get nightmares..." He tried to complain and make excuses, but only proved how sleepy he really was. His voice was a dead give away. 

Butters lead Kenny up the stairs, the drunk constantly bumping into the walls. Butters made his guest sleep in his bed for the night despite all the complaints Kenny made. He regretted not sleeping in the same bed as the friend once he experienced for himself how cold it really was. 

He had to put Kenny's vodka bottle and sweep up the rest of the glass off the floor. But despite all of the trouble he had gone through, Butters enjoyed Kenny's presence. After everything was cleaned up, he went back to trying to go to sleep. No wonder Kenny was still up at midnight.

This time, it was his turn to hear footsteps. "Ken...? I told you to go to sleep." He said stubbornly, annoyed that he didn't follow his orders. "I know." The immortal breathed out. Kenny hopped over the back of the couch and snuggled against Butters. "K-Kenny!?" 

"Shh..." He sushed pulling his old blanket over the two of them. Butters wouldn't admit it, but the other was very warm and he yearned for more contact. The blanket, although old and raggedy, kept the heat trapped between them. "Either you go to your own bed or we both sleep on the couch."

Stubbornness was one thing they both had in common. "Well, I guess we're both sleeping on the couch then feller," Butters said laying back down. "So be it..." Kenny muttered already dosing off next to the one he adored. 

"You planned this didn't you Ken?"

"Nah," He said more asleep than not. "Just got lucky..." Kenny had a bad habit of singing before he was able to go to sleep. As luck would have it -and it was on his side today- Butters found his voice soothing.

"Cover your ears and close your eyes. The moon might just come out tonight." 

*A demiromantic is a type of grey-romantic who only experiences romantic attraction after developing an emotional connection beforehand. Demiromantics do not experience primary romantic attraction, but they are capable of secondary romantic attraction. The sexual counterpart to demiromantic is demisexual.