|Chapter Eleven|

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jzpU1at0hnw

They had a silent agreement to make sure Kenny was okay before doing anything else. "So, well, I traced the link to here fella. But I don't know what 'here' is." Butters complained, groaning. "This place used to be an old strip club, actually. It was closed down because of a drug scandal, but business still goes down if you know what I mean."

The boys approached the shady building and they started to hear voices coming from inside. An old rusty door was ever so slightly nudged open to revile a not-so-kid-friendly environment. There were quite a few strippers on poles that Butters had to cover his eyes. Stan didn't do anything, being a long-time resident of South Park.

He dragged the blonde over to a female who looked like a waitress compared to the other women in the building. "Excuse me miss," Stan asked getting the women's attention. "Do you know where we can find Kenny McCormick? We think he's here." He explained.

The brunette raised a brow, eyeing them. "You kids aren't looking to do anything illegal, would you?" She questioned. "N-no, ma'am! We just tryin' to find our fella!" The waitress shrugged. "To bad. He should be down the hall, second to the last door on your left. If he's not, just wait a few minutes, break doesn't last that long. Come back soon!"

Stan dragged Butters -who kept his eyes shut tight no matter what- down the hallway. Butters couldn't see anything, but the sounds were awful. Stan gagged at the people who kept their doors open by just a crack. Both wondered why Kenny was in a place like this, but already halfway knew the answer. Stan knocked on the door with no answer. They didn't have to wait long before Kenny arrived moments later.

The teen froze in his tracks. "Hey, guys, what's up?" He asked awkwardly. "What the fuck dude!?" Stan yelled at his friend. "Why are these pictures being sent to everyone!?" He shoved his phone into the other's face.

"God damn it," Kenny mumbled. "I said no fucking pictures..." His eyes narrowed angrily. "You didn't give me an answer McCormick! Now tell me, what the fuck are these pictures!" Stan growled.

Kenny handed the phone back to the boy in the red poof-ball hat. "Gotta make a living. Kevin, the good for nothing bitch, moved back in with our broke asses, and we had to all get jobs. Again. And you of all people should know I'm not qualified for a whole lot of them, and all you need for this job is a body. Boom." He said, not giving a rats ass.

"Well, that's not true!" Butters, who still had his eyes closed, said not knowing the depth of the situation. "Ken's real smart! I bet he could be a scientist!"

The other blonde glared at Stan. "You brought Butters here!? And you say there's something wrong with me!" He whisper yelled at his old friend. "It's not my fault! He was already here when I arrived!" He glared at Kenny.

Kenny rubbed his temples like he had a headache. "Just get out of here. I need the money, Stan, and it's my body. Not yours. Go fuck Kyle if you want, but don't ride up my ass about it. Take Butters with you too." He shooed.

"A-actually, I want to talk with you in privet Ken," Butters said, uncovering his eyes and standing up. The other growled and ordered Stan outside before taking the blonde into the room for 'privacy'. "You have five minutes. Go."

Butters cleared his throat and reached into his coat pocket taking out his wallet. "Damn, I didn't think you were into that shit," Kenny stated.

"I'm not feller. B-but you said you needed the money, so here you go." Butters pulled out a handful of bills that were mostly singles. Kenny gave the other a confused look. "Take it." 

The McCormick boy slowly took the money and examined it like Butters had the audacity to give him counterfeit money. Butters got up and made his way toward the doorway. "And one more this feller. Don't sell your body..." He turned around and gave a small sad smile. "Ruining beauty is one of the worst things you can do. Please don't ruin yours."

Kenny's whole chest filled warm feeling. He felt safe. For the first time in a long time, he could recognize the feeling of safety he couldn't find in his own home. "Wait," He murmured not wanting the other to leave just yet. "I... I can't except this money. Its kinda like stealing from you if I don't do anything. It's called a job for a reason." He chuckled rubbing the back of his neck.

Butters approached Kenny but didn't take back his gift. Instead, he stood up and looked the prostitute in the eyes. Kenny shivered under Butters's gaze. He slowly brought his hand to Kenny's and interlocked there fingers. He leaned in and kissed his forehead. "There," Butters said smiling. "You've done enough. Consider it a tip."

Kenny was frozen in his place. No one had treated him like that. No one who cared for him. Not even his Exs gave him such kindness. Butters let his fingers slip through Kenny's hand as he left the other dazed. The blonde left the room to return to Stan as Ken slipped on his infamous orange coat and pulled on the strings to cover his blushing face.

"Hot damn." He said muttering into the fabric that covered his red face. "How'd I get to find a boy like him?"

The next morning everything was the same. Just as it always in South Park. Stan no longer cared about Kenny being a prostitute, and Kyle forgot about ever worrying. At least that's what it looked like, and Butters couldn't be more upset with everyone. "So you all forgot about your feller? Golly, I would be more concerned if I were you!"

"But your not," Eric growled focusing on more on his phone than Butters. "I saw that coming from a mile away. I was only surprised about how long it took. Kinny was always a whore, but he just when professional. The poor fuck. You all are fucking pussies if you ask me. Only the fags did something about it."

Kenny shot a glare at Eric. "Funny. I don't recall you being there." He snarled. Eric shot him a dirty look before going back to his phone. Butters stayed out of the conversation.

He wondered what could make someone want to do the things Kenny did. Lust, maybe. Money, perhaps. But living with yourself afterward? That he didn't understand. Kenny was only seventeen. Everything he did was illegal and everyone knew it. And Kenny never lived with himself. If he could, he would, but he was forced here by beings he'd never find.

Butters wondered if he didn't understand because he was a virgin. Never experiencing what others found so great could have twisted his opinion. Maybe it was just being so close to another human being in the closest way. But that seemed more like love than lust. He had never experienced either, so how could he tell the difference? 

Base what his parents at one point told him? What lovers had told him? What fairytales told him? Of course not. He would be foolish to be so gullible about something so serious. Even he knew that. Butters would have to learn from experience. From heartbreak and loss. And then it came to mind.

Was Kenny heartbroken? Was he lost? Could he not claw his way out of the darkness? Did he have to sell his body to replace the warmth? The warmth of love and trust? Did he lose someone who didn't deserve it?

Butters dared stood closer to Kenny, arms at his side, a grin on his face. No matter what he did, Butters was certain that his friend was going to get better. He couldn't offer romance, because being fake is worse than not loving,  but he could offer friendship. And security. And acceptance. He was willing to give it all to Kenny in a heartbeat.

Kenny's large smile was hiden under his hood, but he was happy. Happy that Butters could stand close when the others didn't even know he was there half the time. His chest tightened and his breath increased along with his heartbeat. Warmth spread to his cheeks and he soaked up the feeling. Kenny's face was red, but not from the cold.

Thoughts went to his head as he thought about Butters and stewed in his emotion. They made him feel weird in a way he could recognize. "Ruining beauty is one of the worst things you can do. Please don't ruin yours." Butters's words rang in his ears. Did the blonde care about him? They were practically strangers. But Kenny did want them to be. 

"Hey, Butters?" He said, voice shaky. The other looked at him with that smile Kenny found a little bit addicting. "I owe you... so much. Would you ever consider..." He swallowed the lump in his throat he did know was there. "Hanging out?"

Kenny couldn't fathom why the words were so hard to spit out. "Of course fella!" He let out a breath he didn't know he was holding. "I'd love that!"