|Chapter Ten|

This chapter is inspired by the song above.

Kenny was sitting in his room thinking of a job he would actually qualify for. Possibly a worker in a fast-food chain but he had bad experiences in almost every food place you could think of. Maybe Tweek could help him get a job at Tweek Bros. coffee, but probably not. 

He wanted to be something that paid well so he could add money to his savings, but that narrowed the options down to almost nothing. Kenny didn't consider himself talented enough to do anything like draw or sing so anything like that was thrown out the window. Plus, those things need practice, and Kenny didn't have the patents for any of that.

After thinking for a long while he came to a conclusion. It wasn't honorable nor legal but if he had learned anything from South Park it was that everything can be legal if you try hard enough. And it could pay well. 

Whatever could put food on the table was worth it. If it could fill his family's bellies, it was worth it. If it could feed Karen, it was worth it. He hopped off his bed and dragged his feet out his bedroom door. Kenny couldn't tell if this was going to harm him or help him. He dragged himself into the 'bad' part of town and approached the first woman in questionable clothing he saw.

"Hi."

On the other side of South Park, Butters was as happy as he'd been since he moved. Not only did he have new friends, but they weren't fake! He couldn't count the new friends he had on one hand! Now he could use two! Kyle, Stan, Tweek, Clyde, Token, and Kenny! If it was that easy to make friends, how come it wasn't that simple before? Maybe it was and Butters was just more anxious.

That was probably it. He was just awkward. Butters looked outside the glass window, and for the first time, with joy. A large grin was plastered on his face as he waved to the drunkies and the crack heads from his room. Some even waved back, confused looks on their faces. 

Butters had an entirely new opinion about South Park now. Everyone here was normal, and he was the weird one. Blending in was never a problem with the blonde, so all he had to do was get used to it. 

Suddenly, the large glass plate didn't bother him so much! And neither did the people outside, who were sinning in front of strangers. Okay, so, maybe they did make Butters uncomfortable, but it was less freaky now! Now, they just 'couldn't wait' to get to a privet place. In fact, he decided to take a nice long walk to Stark's Pond, the place he had heard so much about!

The now energetic boy rushed downstairs and slipped on his shoes, without even tying the laces correctly! He found himself tripping over his own feet multiple times while trying to make his way out the front door. Butters had to get directions from many different people but found his way to Stark's Pond. 

The first time he went to the water was with Kenny. He never did learn what was going on at his house, did he? Never the less, Butters sat down on a nearby bench, wiping away the snow first and watched as children tried there best to skate. 

He considered joining them but thought he would be better off waiting until someone he knew could teach him. It wasn't very late at all, but the sun was already starting to set on the ice. The children went home with their parents leaving the pond vacant. 

"Really pretty, huh?" Butters almost shrieked once he heard the new voice next to him. Kyle was sitting next to him, only focused on the sunset. He nodded, still jumpy from the daywalker's unexpected turnout. "Yeah. But to be honest, it's not all that." He shrugged at the sight.

"Well, what makes you say that feller?" Butters asked, genuinely confused as to why he the sight wasn't simply breathtaking. "When you've seen it one billion times, you see it for what it really is. An ending. The day had to end for there to be a sunset. And I guess I'm not very fond of endings."

Kyle had a point. Everything anyone had every experience, was an ending. Birth was the ending of a pregnancy. The night was the ending of the day. The beef was the ending of the cow. It all came full circle. "Golly, I never thought about it that way!" Butters marveled. 

The teen in the green hat turned to the other. He smiled softly. "Now I see." The blonde was quick to become confused. "See what? Is there bird poop on my head?" He asked, checking himself for anything that might be 'wrong'. "No, not that. I can see why Kenny likes you."

"W-what?" Butters stuttered. "Yep. He chewed out Stan for ditching you. Then he chewed out the rest of us. It was really funny. So I guess I have you to thank for that." Kyle said, losing himself in the quickly disappearing light.

Butters shifted in his seat. "You're welcome?" He halfway asked. "Speaking of Kenny," The redhead continued, paying no attention to the strangers walking away from the frozen water. "Have you seen him? I think I saw him go into the bad side of town, but he should know better than that. Anyway, tell me if you see him, okay?" Kyle asked, standing and getting ready to leave.

Butters nodded giving Kyle the okay. The blonde was walked home graciously by the other, who knew where everything was in South Park. Kyle gave Butters him his number, seeing how they were now friends. He was thanked and returned to his own house. Butters slipped out of his day time clothing and got into something more comfortable. 

It was a button-up light blue shirt and sweatpants like bottoms. He even had slippers he used on rare vacations but found himself using them more and more in the cold weather of the mountain town.

But before he was able to nuzzle under his warm sheets and blankets, his phone almost buzzed off his nightstand. 

|Unknown Number|: Guys, there's a new Fuck Boy in town XDD I fucking called it! 

[image attached}

The gullible Butters was hesitant to click on the link but gave in to curiosity. He tapped on the image as it pulled him to a sight on Google. Butters's eyes widened as a poison like taste filled his mouth and fell onto his tongue. The blonde covered his face in discussed before he jumped out of bed and ran downstairs.

His mother was sleeping on the couch, her clothes covered in paint stains. He didn't have time to marvel at how she made the house less ugly as he through on his coat, and ran out into the snow.

Butters shivered at the heat difference between him and the outside, and watched his breath for a minute, getting used to the cold. He wouldn't be used to it for most of his life, but for now, he was good enough to get going. Using a skill he picked up from... well, it's a long story, Butters found where the picture was posted.

Snow seeped into his slippers as he ran along the bright white sidewalk. Following the directions, he inputed on his phone (which he should have used earlier and ended up face-palming). After what seemed like hours, he made it to a small abandon looking building. 

"Butters?" He turned to see Stan standing there with his phone out. "What are you doing here? On the bad side of town, I mean." The blonde looked down at his phone and pondered if he should tell the teen. "Kenny." Was all he said.

Stan's mouth was open. "Did you get a message from an unknown number about him tonight?" "Yeah, how did you know?" Butters asked. The bot in the red poof-ball hat showed the other his screen showing him the same exact message Butters had gotten.