|Chapter Four|

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SBcK-0MXG5M

All and all, Kenny McCormick enjoyed the day. Well, he enjoyed the day more than usual. His belly was full-er and he had a good meaningful talk with Stan. He came home to his sister and a drunken father. 

The middle child couldn't fathom what kept him and his mom together. It was the same thing that kept Craig at Tweek's side no matter what, and what kept Kyle always coming back for more. It was also the one thing he wished for every night, and the one thing he was certain he'd never feel. 

"Where have you -hic- been all day?" His father asked, slurring all his words together. "School. I'm trying to get an education so I don't end up like you!" Kenny snapped.

Stuart narrowed his eyes. His son closed his eyes and clenched his jaw so he wouldn't bite his tongue. He bawled his fist, waiting for impact. "Don't -hic- badmouth me, kid!" Was all he said before taking a swig of Berban. "I've seen things you -hic- can't imagen!"

"I've seen Hell." Kenny thought to himself.

He walked off somewhere but Kenny didn't care. He was more surprised than when his mom made a whole meal. He was so used to being hit and beaten. "K-Kenny?" He whipped around to see Karen.

"What just happened...?" She whispered sadly. He had shielded her from the horrors of their father and his girlfriends. Every time it happened, Kenny would just tell her, "Cover your ears and close your eyes. The moon might just come out tonight." 

It made them feel... 

Safe.

She walked down the stairs to face her brother. "Is... is he hurting you?" When Kenny was ten, he was her guardian angel. Oh, how the roles have flipped. He didn't say anything for the sake of her peace of mind. "Answer me, Kenny!"

"Only when he gets drunk," Ken replied plainly. "Why didn't you do anything?" She whimpered. To Karen, her brothers were everything. Kevin found a way to help pay for her lunch plan -in not very moral ways- and Kenny had fought for her on multiple occasions. 

She owed them her life, and she would pay them back any way she could. "It wasn't worth it. He was going to hurt you if I wasn't in the way!" Kenny argued. "You shouldn't let him do that to you!"

"Do you think I want to be hit every time I come home!?" Tears pricked at his eyes. Even if his screams were muffled, his words were crystal clear. "Do you think I want this!?" Kenny cried. 

She backed up from her beloved. He never yelled at her. Never. "No, I don't! But why do you put up with that!?" "I guess I'm just used to it!!"

Their argument was interrupted by a knocking on the door. Kenny growled and opened the less of a door, and more of a piece of wood, to see the new kid. But more importantly, an excuse for the dirty-blonde. 

"Hey look!" He said loudly so his younger sister could hear. "It's Flutter!" Kenny pulled Butters inside. "Well, actually it's Butters fella."

He ruffled the other's hair like they were best friends. "You're so silly! Now, Karen, we have important matters to discuss elsewhere!" Kenny showed Karen the new kid as proof he wasn't just leaving to escape their conversation.

She glared at him as she saw threw her brother like he was glass. "We will talk later Kenneth." 

"W-well if it's real important, I could come back. Golly, I didn't even know this was your house, Kenny! I was just-" Butters was cut off by a gloved hand covering his mouth. "No, it can't wait! Come on and tell me all about what you were going to say!"