|Chapter Twelve|

Time. It was the one thing you could count on. It took time for you to be born, and time for you to die once you ran out of time. Most things take time, so you better use it wisely before you use it all up. Kenny McCormick was currently out of time, and late to his 'hang out' with Butters.

They had agreed to meet after school at the playground a short time away from Stark's Pond -a place Butters found himself going more often than not-. Kenny decided to show Butters around so he wouldn't have to count on strangers on the street. He didn't trust them with his Buttercup.

He tripped over his own boots, scrambling over snow. It was the weekend so more people were out than on the weekdays. It was easy to get lost if you didn't know where you were going. "Does Butters know where he's going?" Kenny thought worried. He shook the thoughts away, telling himself he wasn't going to 'Tweek-out' on himself.

Kenny made sure they met on a Saturday for a reason. Well, reasons. Number one was to get away from Kevin, the low life. Two was that more places were open for Butters to see. He wanted the blonde to have the best experience he could have. Number three was simply that it was easier to find out who was hiring. After all, Butters made him quit his old job that barely lasted a week.

The blonde in question was waiting at the park for his guide to arrive. Butters was sitting on a swing set, not swinging exactly, but pushing himself with the tips of his shoes. He was softly singing a song he made up as a kid, "I Got Some Apples" to make time go faster. It didn't really work, but it gave him something to focus on, and that was good enough.

"Butters!" He heard his name being called and turned to see Kenny jogging up next to him. "S-sorry I'm late!" Kenny stuttered looking at Butter's outfit.

The teen couldn't deny that Butters was attractive. His messy skater boy haircut suited his personality just fine, and so did his whole completion. His teal coat was a little baggy, but that was as adorable as it was sexy the way it fit his build. Butters wore black jeans that were slightly tight, bring out the perv in Kenny, but also made him worry about Butters's warmth. In other words, he was stunning in McCormick's eyes.

"Aww, it's okay feller! I wasn't waitin' long!" Butters lied not wanting to make the other feel guilty. Kenny brushed snow off of his orange jacket. "So what do you want to do first?" He smiled at the other.

Butters tapped his chin. "Well, what's the most interesting thing to do here?" He asked. Kenny laughed at  Butters's stupidity. He held his sides and bent down, leaning on his knees. "What's so funny?" He asked feeling insulted. 

Kenny calmed down, wiping tears of laughter from his eyes and catching his breath. "You've got a lot to learn kid. The most interesting things find you." He said motioning for Butters to follow.

"W-what does that mean fella?" His face went pale. "Are we in danger?" Kenny chuckled. The other really did have a lot to learn, but he seemed like a fast learner, so he might just survive. 

"No, nothing like that. I'm surprised that nothing crazy happened over the time you've been here. Who knows, maybe your the key to saving this place!" He joked, nudging Butters's arm playfully.

Butters's face flushed not used to anyone being so friendly to him. He was more used to being hit and shoved than hugged. And sadly, so was Kenny. "Yeah... But really feller, where are gonna go first?"

"Do you like coffee addicted teenagers and goths? If so, you'll love this cafe! It's called Tweek Bros. and the class schizo practically runs the place. No offense to Tweek." He said, Butters, following him away from the park.

Butters rubbed his knuckles together nervously. Kenny no longer gagged at the sight. In fact, he was growing used to Butters's quirks. More than that, he was starting to like the little things he did. He was starting to like Butters. "You sure it's safe fella?" Butters asked nervously. "Heh heh. Yeah, I'm sure..."