|Chapter Thirteen|

"Hey Death, howzit goin'?" The immortal being asked with no reply. "No need to be rude, I was just trying to make conversation." Death pointed to Kenny's body that was mangled to say the least.

He cleared his throat like he had just done something bad and was caught. "Yeah, yeah, I know it looks bad, but once you kill yourself more than one hundred times, getting creative is hard!" He complained to Death. "You'll never guess who the boy I like is," He ranted. "He's smart, funny, kind, selfless, and did I mention hot as fuck?"

The God of Death was sick of hearing about the boy's love life. He was sick of seeing every way he killed himself in all its horrors. Some ways he didn't even think of first which made him a tad madder at the boy then he should be. 

"Did you know Yami means darkness in Japanise? I didn't until I watch a show called, Yu-gi-oh and now I'm rooting for Yugi and Yami to get together. Don't think it's gonna happen but who knows. Also, anime makes so many sex noises it starts to make me laugh."

Death was getting inpatient and signaled that by pointing at Kenny's forehead and flicking it. He shut up quickly enough knowing the god for quite some time. Death lead -more like walked besides seeing as how Kenny already knew the way- the immortal to the gates of Hell. "Abandon All Hope; All Ye Who Enter" sprawled on the front.

They waved to the giant dog guarding the gate as the dog itself bent down hoping to be pet. The animal knew both well enough to slack off when they were around. But sometimes Death was stricter than usual and Fluffy -that's what everyone called him- would have no luck in catching a break.

Kenny scratched Fluffy's ear and under his chin before stepping through the gate. Sometimes to get to Hell, you'd get to skip the walk and just be there, or you had to walk. Kenny preferred the walk. He skipped the long introduction Satan gave every day and just went straight to torture instead.

There behind a bolder sat Damian, Prince of Darkness, playing a lonesome game of Dule Monsters against himself, matching the cards to see which monster would win. "Sup," Kenny said giving a small wave. "What's new?"

The demon shrugged. "Philip thought me how to make tea, and I learned you're taller when you wake up then when you go to sleep." His high pitched voice was bearly heard over the roar of his dad. 

Kenny chuckled at the demon's ignorance. Even he knew how to make tea. It's just a packet of that ground-up leaves or something and hot water. "Big day huh?" He joked poking the Prince of Darkness on the cheek with a 'boop'. 

The other glared at the immortal with scorn. "Don't patronize me, McCormick." He hissed. "I may not be used to being human, but you're in my domain, or did you forget already? I advise you don't get on my nerves."

"Is Pip not putting out? Cuz if you want, I could help with that." Ken shrugged but had most of his fingers broken by his -what could only be called a- friend. Damian's eyes turned red and he bore his fangs. "You will not. Touch. Philip."

Kenny suppressed the pain in his hand and clenched his jaw. "Dude, it was only a joke, take it easy! Your emotions are showing." Damian went back to normal (his anger had become lesser ever since he had to deal with everyone's crap in Hell) and kicked Ken in the shin.

They both glared at each other. "Fine, sence you won't say anything, teach me how to play this weird game." Kenny said ignoring the pain in his hands and now leg. 

Reluctantly, Damian showed the other how to play Dule Monsters and figured it counted as torture because you had to hold cards and that's really hard to do painlessly with a mangled hands. Not to mention how confusing the game it self was.

They were in the middle of a round when the demon stopped the card game and sighed. "Look, I was putting this off because you're some sort of companion or some shit, but you've been to happy to be in Hell. We have masochist begging for mercy, but you just don't with the normal stuff! You just can't get physically hurt and not have enjoyment!" Ken didn't know whether to be proud or ashamed.  

"And so, by order of law and me being your 'personal demon', I gotta break the news to you no matter how much fun this whatever it is, is. But for your sake, I'm going to tell you in a less blunt manner. Do you want to know why you can't die?"

The immortal's head shot up. He'd heard the 'we gotta use a new method' before, but this? This was new. "Yes!" He practically shouted before correcting himself and using his inside voice. "Yes, I would like to know why I can't die."

Damian shook his head sadly as if he was tearing a family apart. Who knew what having a lover could do to a person -or demon in this case-. "Well, as you know, your parents were in a cult a long time ago. Apparently, it was about the time your mom got pregnant with you. The cult knew about this and yadda-yadda-yadda,  they cursed you as an offering to Cthulu. Worst part? Your mom knew about this. Every time you die, she gives birth to you again the next night."

Kenny laughed interrupting Damian before he could speak again. He couldn't believe it. His mother, the kind one, cursed him forever? Unthinkable! " You should be a comedian!" Kenny laughed again. The demon was getting more and more impatient. 

"Well if you don't think I'm telling the truth, you can ask her yourself when you get home! Your mother sealed your fate, and now you'll never die!" The Prince of Darkness lied leaving out the part about when she dies, he can't be reborn again. But if he was smart, he could figure it out for himself. 

And with that, he left the stunned blonde with doubt in his mind. It could be a possibility. He'd met the cult and known how crazy they were first hand. He also knew his parents had been in the cult before he was born so maybe the idea wasn't so far-fetched after all. 

The next day he woke up in bed like any other day. Old air filled the room and the smell of mint radiated off of the walls. The one nice quality of the house. He jumped out of bed and rushed downstairs to his parents' room, even if his mom was the only one to use it.

Kenny shook her awake until her scared cries filled the room. "K-Kenny? What's wrong!?" She asked in a panic. Karin continued to ask her son questions and if he was okay. "Did you know," Kenny breathed out not wanting it to be true. "Did you know I can't die?"

The color drained from her face and she froze. Kenny covered his mouth. He felt like crying and throwing up what little he had in his stomach all over again."S-so you did..." He stuttered out. 

"Why didn't you tell me!" His whole demeanor changing to angry with good reason. "Why did you let this go one!?" By now, his mom had snapped out of it and was trying to argue with little luck. "I didn't think it was important! Even if I told you sooner, nothing would have changed!"

Kenny felt betrayed. Who wouldn't? "I'm going. Don't look for me." He said quietly and walking up to his room, his mother following him. 

Kenny took the blanket from his bed and through a few pairs of cloths in the center, tieing it up and slingging it over his shoulder. The took his toothbrush from the bathroom and left out the front door ignoring his mother's pleas. 

Because who's the worse parent? The one that abuses, or the one who made sure the abuse doesn't stop?