[6] A Student & her Job -Part 1-

Pull yourself together Y/N. I slap my cheeks a couple times in hopes of retracting the blush on my cheeks. God what is wrong with me. I splash some water on my face and gaze in to the mirror for a bit.

I looked awful from the training.

I began fixing up my hair, which proved to be an arduos task. I quietly sang a tune to myself as I tucked certain strands behind each other.

"Habataitara, modoranai to itte.

Mezashita no wa, aoi aoi ano sora..."

I leave the restroom and try to turn left and get back to Kakashi, but some pulls my right arm towards them.

"OHOHOHOA," the white-haired man begins. "I heard your singing, you have a very beautiful voice."

"Oh uh...thanks I guess," I reply catiously, what does this guy want?

"I don't suppose you have a job do you?"

"No I don't."

"OH! I'd like to offer a waitressing job to you at my tavern, alongside taking care of the entertainment every so often."

"Me? Seriously?"

"Of course. You can start tonight, pub opens at 10pm, I hope you'll be there. Also, my name is Jiraiya."

And with that, he walks away. Did I really just get a job? This is actually kinda exciting.

I made my way back to Kakashi and sat down.

"What took you so long?" He asks.

I decide to not tell him about Jiraiya, just to keep one less man off of my back.

"I was fixing up my hair, considering it looked like an absolute bird's nest and no one told me 😑. Anyway, I kinda wanna get home now so if that's okay..."

"Yeah yeah, completely. Come on, I'll walk you."

I was about to protest but he pushed his index finger against my lips and 'shushed' me.

I led the way to my house. We laughed together as we talked about some funny stories of our lives. Kakashi was really nice to be around, I feel like he's filled a void up in my life. But his company is different from what I feel from Naruto, Sasuke, and Sakura. With them, I feel a more, sibling-like bond, but with Kakashi, he makes my face burn with red hues. Maybe this is just what it's like to have someone that actually cares about you.

"We're here now, thanks for the ramen and for training," I bow and smile.

"That's no problem Y/N, but remember...training tomorrow so get plenty of rest and don't be late."

I paused, "Gotcha," I winked a ran into my house.

I lied because I didn't want Kakashi knowing about my job, I trust him but I don't want him to worry about me or anything. Some time to myself would be great anyway.

I wash up and get ready to go to Jiraiya's pub. I have no clue where it is, but I'll figure something out.