[7] A Student & her Work

I'm officially lost.

Konoha is so big and this is the first time that I'm actually exploring it. I approach a young man around my age to ask for some help.

"Excuse me?" I tap his shoulder.

"What do you want?" He sighs, an unlit cigarette in his mouth.

"Do you know where Jiraiya's pub is?"

"It's down this path, two lefts and then a right," he replies.

"Thank you.....?"

"Shikamaru."

"Thank you Shikamaru."

"You're welcome...??" Shikamaru chuckles.

"Y/N...Y/N Kisune."

"Alright Kisune, don't get kidnapped on the way there, that'd be such a drag," he casually states as he walks away.

Gee thanks Shika 😨

I follow his instructions and end up at what looks like a pub. It was thriving with people. I catch Jiraiya's gaze and he runs up to me smiling.

"OHO Y/N has arrived!! Here is your uniform and you have a performance at 00:15. Here I'll show you our liquor and spirit cabinets and how to use the machines."

"Woah woah woah there old man, performance? Alcohol cabinets? A uniform that looks a little umm.....imagination provoking?"

This is all going so fast.

"Your performances aren't regular events. Only when our entertainer is off work, you'll back it up - like an understudy. Trust me! You'll be absolutely fine, you're in safe hands."

Why do I get the feeling that's not true. I sweatdrop.

I make my way to the back rooms to change.

^^ change the colours however you prefer, or if you want to wear something else then go for it 😆😆

I rolled up the sleeves and tugged the ends of my skirt down a bit.

I guess I'm off then.

My world has been totally turned upside down these two days. I actually had friends now, and a job, and I ate ramen.

But for now, it's time to serve these hoes some beer.

~timeskip brought to you by Kakashi's beauty spot • ~

I'm sweating. Being around so many drunk people in one place is both tiring and hot. Way too hot. God I'm ready to fall asleep. It's 1am, I managed to do my performance which was not as nerve-wracking as I thought it was going to be, and I served many customers today. Though I must say, some customers were quite rowdy but Jiraiya took care of them.

I finish sweeping the floor and then inform Guy that I'm about to head out.

"Here's your pay, thank you, your work has been very helpful. In fact I haven't had a good audience in a while."

"You're welcome. Glad I could be useful. Thank you Jiraiya, I'll see you tomor- well...later today for another shift."

I hurriedly leave the pub and quickly pace back home to meet my bed. I didn't even realise I'd be getting my first paycheck today so that's amazing.

But for now, I must concentrate on getting rest like Kakashi advised me to do. I have to wake up on time tomorrow.

So this is what it's like to live...