[34] A Girlfriend & the Assignment -Part One-

~Sakura's POV~

"Hey Naruto...can I ask you a question?" I say.

"Go for it Sakura," Naruto grins.

"Do you think...Kakashi-sensei is acting a little...I don't know...different?"

"What do you mean?" Naruto says as he slurps his late-night ramen.

"My girly tingles tell me that...I think he likes someone??? It seems a little far-fetched but...he's been all weird lately - in consideration of the many years that we've known him."

"Now that you mention it, it seems possible. But maybe it's because of Y/N...her being an ex-Akatsuki member and all that must make him feel pressured."

"That's true, he has been weird since she arrived but whatever."

~Timeskip & Sasuke's POV~

In order to find out if Y/N is really cheating on Shikamaru or not...I need some proof. This isn't the Y/N I know, so I'm hoping I don't find anything. I walk towards the training grounds to think of a plan. I don't want to tell Naruto about all of this because, knowing him, he'll spill the tomatoes. And as for Saku-

"HIIII SASUKE! Hahah, fancy seeing you here!" Sakura approaches me.

Speak of the devil.

"Okay, I have a serious question. I asked Naruto and he was basically useless and you're so much smarter, stronger, and competent, that I thought I'd ask you," Sakura whines. She's still a child I see.

I hum in response.

"Okay. Do you -Sasuke Uchiha- think that Kakashi-sensei likes someone?"

What an utterly random question.

"Why would I care Sakura?"

"I just wanted to know if you think he's been acting differently. Because if there issssss someone, then I want to know who it is."

I am curious. But we'll never find out.

"Kakashi is too secretive and not stupid enough to let us slip into his personal life so forget it."

I begin walking away from Sakura's annoyingness. I wander the streets and see Shikamaru. Curiosity consumes my body, I want to know for real if he and Y/N are a thing.

"Shikamaruuuu," I start.

"Why are you talking to me?"

"Excuse me?" I snap back.

"Sasuke, you never talk to me. So what's this about?"

"I just wanted to know if you were dating anyone?"

"What are you getting at Sasuke?" Shikamaru says stunned.

That sounded like I was gay for Shikamaru. I mean...I am gay but for Naruto. 

"Are you dating Y/N?" I blurt out.

"Why the fuck?"

"I think she's cheating on you!"

"...Sasuke. We're not dating. We never were."

"What about that time in chapter 29 of this fanfiction? You were the only one with her, and you were chasing her around?"

"That wasn't me. The only other person I saw was your Sensei." Kakashi? I wonder what he was doing there. "Can I go now? This is such a drag."

A/N: I'm not gonna be updating for a while because I just started college and it's taking a lot of getting use to. (I'm also working on my relationship with someone ;))) But as soon as I've grabbed college by the butt, I'll be updating again 😆