[22] A Student & his Surprise -Part 1-

I'm gone for another week trip so if I don't update, it's most likely bc i don't have wifi <3

Another day work completed. Finally...the weekend! Training already tired me out a lot today so I'm glad that work was easy today. I had the job if cleaning out the back room so I didn't even get a chance to see anyone today. I grab an oversized jumper and pull it over my uniform. I sling my bag over my shoulder, exit the back room and lock the door. I then make my way to see Jiraiya but immediately stop at the glimpsing spark of a shining Shinobi headband. My attention shifts towards the light to reveal Kakashi leaning on the wall.

"Kakashi-sensei?"

"Shhhhush! Hurry and get Jiraiya to dismiss you so we can go..." Kakashi whisper shouts.

I nod in response. After bidding my farewells to Jiraiya, I jog up to Kakashi.

"Where are we going?" I ask childishly curious.

"Secret, just follow me," he shushes me with his index finger and grabs my wrist as we walk out of the tavern.

~Jiraiya's POV~

Kakashi is here. I wonder what he wants. I get up from my chair and open my office door after Y/N closed it but stop opening it midway.

"Where are we going?" Y/N asks.

"Secret, just follow me," Kakashi shushes her with his finger and grabs her wrist as they both eagerly walk out of my tavern.

What is that boy up to? I was only joking when I said they should get together. She's only (insert age)...and his student. Please don't do anything stupid Kakashi - I hate having to doubt your morality like this.

~Your POV~

We slurp the last of our ramen together with a full grin of ultimate satisfaction. Kakashi took me to a late-night underground ramen place only open from 12am-5am. Fresh ramen is amazing here!

"Thanks for the meal Kakashi-sensei!" I close eye smile.

"That's quite alright," he rubs the back of his neck.

"Forgive me if this is an inappropriate question Sensei, but what's the surprise?"

"Let me pay and then you can find out."

"Hey let me take this one, you always pay for me Sense-"

"No."

I run to the owner of the restaurant and practically wave my money in front of them.

"Take ittt," I squeal desperately.

"Oh I'm sorry dear, your boyfriend already paid for your meal."

"B-boyfriend?!?" I squeal back, my face the most pigmented shade of red.

"Thank you for the meal," Kakashi says to the owner and grabs my waist from behind and pulls me away out of the shop. 

"I cannot believe you paid," I pout.

"It's my duty to," Kakashi chuckles.

"Sensei...I need to ask you something..." I trail off as we walk side by side towards my home.

"What is it Y/N?"

He moves a little closer towards me.

"Why do you always buy ramen for me?"

"Because I couldn't let my student pay for it," Kakashi replies.

"B-ut," I hesitate. "Sasuke-kun told me that you never pay for the ramen for anyone."

Kakashi sighs, "Truth be told Y/N, I don't know myself."

"It's because I'm an ex-Akatsuki member, isn't it? Because you have to get close to me to keep an eye on me. I get it but don't waste your money doing so. It's not like the Shinobi life is the most rewarding."

As much as I didn't want to say it out loud, there's no other reason Kakashi would do what he does. Not like he'd ever like me anyway. For a starter, I'm underage, I'm his student, and also an ex-criminal. Of all the people I could end up liking, it had to be this gu-

"It's not that. Don't ever think that way. I just feel a strong instinct to protect you," Kakashi lowly says.

I could not accumulate any words in response to that. So he does care for me, upon his own will. We walk for a couple of moments of silence before Kakashi musters up a sentence.

"So...do you want your surprise or not?"