#5

sole breaking a leg + recovering

- codsworth, dogmeat, & strong

Cait
She'd pretend to act annoyed that she would need to care for Sole, but she loves having them rely on her so much. She wouldn't dote on them as much as Curie or Preston but still goes out of her way to help them do trivial things while they heal. And she gave a lot of encouragement as they began to use it again, keeping a close side eye on them in case they overwork it.

Curie
She'd be all over it, applying a cast and suggesting methods of easing the pain, which included a foot massage from her which felt heavenly. With her extensive knowledge and her magical hands, it doesn't take long for them to go into recovery and begin to walk again much to her joy.

Danse
Hed craft up some crutches for them to use so they could still engage on patrols with him while in recovery, however after one night which left their crutches broken and a group of raiders almost injuring them further he refused to allow them to leave the house. He made Sole walk around the house at least 10 times before he let them leave the building, and even then made them stay within eye view for his own assurance.

Deacon
Hed force everyone in the HQ to sign the cast around their leg and got into the habit of asking just about everyone they came across (including raiders) if they wanted to as well, he even had a pen with him at all times if such a situation would arise. After they got it off he begged them to let him keep it as a souvenir, which they didn't really have the chance to say no to before he was putting it on himself, saying it'd be a new addition to his next disguise.

Hancock
He'd offer some chems if the pain got too bad, let them use his lap as a cushion whenever they needed and got everyone in Goodnieghbour to sign a get well soon card. While they recover, he'd make a note to do certain things for them that would require any strenuous work but respected the fact they had to heal on their own. Though that never stopped him from picking them up at random times making the excuse that they "looked tired".

MacCready
He wouldn't really know how to help with the pain side of things so he instead distracted them from it by scavenging a bunch of comic books for them to read. He'd try to cook for them even though he isn't the most talented chef but regardless of that fact Sole still ate it with a big grin. He'd act as a support for them while they go into recovery and start walking, ensuring every 10 minutes or so that they're alright and if they need to rest.

Nick
While obviously doting on them whenever needed he made sure they made themselves useful while unable to walk around, this meant helping him with cases and helping Ellie sort out the abundant amount of files in the agency. It was nice though, they'd all have a warm cup of brahmin milk late in the night and early in the morning, and it simply allowed them to relax which was rare nowadays. Even though they recovered fairly quickly, they made the excuse that their leg was hurting whenever they didn't feel like scouring the wastes.

Piper
Shed write a public notice to Diamond city in the next issue of Publik Occurrences, wishing them to get well which enticed most of the other residences to bring their own gifts to their home. Vadim gave them a discount while they were still in recovery, Travis made announcements over the radio and dedicated a few songs to them and Nat drew them a get well soon picture with the signatures of the other children residents.

Preston
Oh dear, sweet Preston.
He'd act as if they broke their spine, doting on them to the best of his abilities and asking every 6 or so minutes whether they needed anything. Hed up security a bit, claiming its for their protection because enemies would try and target them while they're so vulnerable (this ended up being pointless but its the thought that counts) He would get Curie or any other trained medic to look over their leg at least once every day and would never leave their side for a week after they recovered.

X6-88
After getting them checked out by the medical staff, he would act as their own personal butler. He would insist that they stay in the Institue, arguing that its the most sterile place in the entire country and would benefit their recovery. He'd make up some sort of herbal tea which was inarguably the best tea Sole has had since being frozen and would get the most comfortable linen and blankets for their bed. While in recovery he'd make a note to watch them closer than usual to make sure they weren't over exhausting themselves.

Radioactive Reactions