#40

reacting to finding sole's sketchbook full of sketches of them

- dogmeat & strong

BOYS

Deacon

Deacon was highly amused by Sole deciding to draw him from all people. He decided to keep the sketchbook for a while, until Sole asked if he'd seen it. He handed it back to Sole with a wink and left Sole to turn bright red. Sole instantly tried to explain but got interrupted.
" Deacon, I..."
"I understand. It's my dazzling good looks."
Deacon winked at Sole and left. Sole knew this wasn't the last they'd hear of this though. From that moment on Deacon reminded Sole of the fact that he knew about these drawings by prancing around shirtless and striking a pose in front of them on a regular basis. Sometimes when waking them up in the morning, sometimes at random when having dinner, making sure Sole got even more flustered the first time but just tried to ignore it after. Every other settler didn't manage to ignore it though. Nick walked by and shook his head as he told Sole 'You just had to go and pat his ego, huh?"

Synth!Codsworth

He held up the book and placed a drawing of his face against his own. " Who's that? Is that me?" Sole tried to come up with a sensemaking explanation but couldn't actually lie to Codsworth. Not only would he see right through it, there was also the puppy eyes. Even as a synth he seemed an expert at that. "Yeah, it is." He smiled. "Excellent work, Mum/Sir! I'm glad you decided keep practicing. You always were very talented. Marvellous lines, you really did capture this new look." Sole smiled."May I ask you, why precisely did you opt to choose me as a model?" Sole shrugged. "Because you're good-looking?" Codsworth felt his cheeks get warmer. "Why thank you Sir/ma'am. You are truly too kind. "

Nick Valentine

Nick just picked up the sketchbook when Sole was talking to someone else and had put it down, curious how good of an artist they really were. Suffices to say that he was surprised by what he found. Sole was a fantastic artist all right, they even captured the look of light on metal. He looked positively heroic and shook his head in amusement at that before he went on to the next drawing. Only to realise every single drawing was of him. Sole reached for the book to find an empty space and noticed Nick was holding it. "Striking resemblance kid. You're really talented. Mind tellin' me why there are only sketches of me though?" He outstretched his hand with the book and Sole took it
"Nobody ever told you it's not nice to snoop around, Nick?"
He laughed 'I'm a detective! It's my job.Tryin' to figure out your motive here."
"I just like the way you look. You look suave and collected at all times. Grounded."
"Robotic you mean?." Sole shook their head. "It's about the charisma I guess." Nick leafed through the book. "Please darling, you're gonna make me blush. Although I don't smoke. The man I stole the memories from did though." Sole smiled. "Felt like it matched."

Preston

Preston found something on the ground. By the lack of dirt and sand on it, he figured it had to have been dropped recently. He opened it to figure out who it belonged to. "Hey general, is this you...rs." his voice trailed off as he noticed the drawings of him when leafing through the sketchbook. Sole turned around right in time to see the surprise on his face. "Preston, that's mine." He started smiling. "Guessed as much general." He handed it back to Sole. "Well done." Preston quite liked the idea of Sole using him as a model to practice their drawing skills. Quite the compliment, too. He was in a very good mood for the rest of the day. Sole decided to bring it up again. " So about those drawings..." "Don't worry about it general. I consider it a compliment. Although I must dissapoint you abuot the true size of my bisceps."

Danse

He had noticed them zoning out with that book on a regular basis, seemingly as a way to get their mind off of whatever else was going on. Danse had reminded Sole time and time again that situational awareness at all times was more than just a luxury in the commonwealth. On one of their travels together, after barely getting out with all their limbs still attached, hey found a safe place to spend the night. Or at least as safe as possible given the situation. Sole got out their sketchbook and started to draw as Danse focussed on fixing his power armour . When he was done, he found Sole asleep on a couch which looked like it was about to fall apart, their sketchbook still open on their lap and a pencil on the floor. He wanted to put them in the bed, seeing that a decent night's sleep was always a good idea, and picked up the sketchbook. That's when he noticed highly detailed images of himself on every page. He was convinced that Sole hadn't seen him shirtless that often. Sole woke up gently at first but their eyes shot open as soon as they noticed the book in his hands.
"Oh! Ehm... did you?"
"Yes. I did."
"Danse..."
"I'd like to apologize for looking into your personal belongings."
"No problem... Okay are we really not going to talk about what you saw?" Danse shook his head. "You saved my life. Both the myth and the man. You can draw me as much as you like, no questions asked. I owe you that much." He cleared his throat and started talking about how he fixed his power armour, desperate to change the topic.