⚠️ #15

romanced! reaction to sole being buried alive

-  codsworth, deacon, dogmeat, nick valentine, strong, & x6-88
+ gage

Sole and their lover were departing from Sanctuary when Sole noticed a small cave just outside the Red Rocket Truck stop. The pair went to inspect the cave, much to the reluctance of their partner:

MacCready
MacCready watched his partner prepare to crawl into the little cavern and rolled his eyes. "Come on. This is a waste of time. There probably isn't anything valuable in there anyway," he said, trying to talk his lover out of crawling into the rat-infested burrow, "It's just a stupid molerat hole." Sole ignored their companion and continued inching into the obviously unstable cave. MacCready tried again. "If you think I'm crawling in after you, I'm not," he declared, turning on his heels, "I'm going to Concord. Come find me when you're done exploring." When he saw that Sole was still working on crawling into the burrow, he anxiously pleaded with his lover. "[Name], it's not safe. Please don't go in there. Whatever you're looking for in there probably isn't worth the risk." Suddenly, there was a loud rumble and the dirt and rock facade of the cave collapsed. "[Name]!" MacCready scrambled to the cave, desperately digging through the fallen debris to save his partner. "Oh no! Oh no! Oh my god. Say something, love. Anything!" After about 20 minutes of trying, MacCready realized his efforts were going to prove fruitless. "Fu—" MacCready hesitated, "No..." Sole was gone. He'd let another loved one down. MacCready angrily kicked some stones off to the side before sitting down and burying his face in his hands. After about an hour, he stood up. He fished through his bag and pulled out his toy soldier, placing it on the dirt pile that covered his former love. "I'm sorry, beautiful. I...I'm sorry I let you down. I love you so much." He wiped away a lone tear and began his solo trek to Goodneighbor.

Cait
"What're ye doin there? Pretendin to be a mole rat?" Cait teased as she watched her partner attempt to crawl into a dirt cave. "I know ye like to role play, but this ain't the time or place...and I ain't got a rodent kink, darlin." Sole continued to burrow into the cavern. Cait noticed a few rocks tumbling down the sides and suddenly became alert. "Ye sure that's safe? Doesn't look too steady to me..." the redhead commented. Sole disregarded the warning. "Doll, I love ya, and I knew yer havin yerself a ball with all that crawlin and diggin, but I think you should stop now," She continued, "Why don't we head to Concord, yeah? Heard they got some fuckin good loot." Before Sole could respond, the pair head a loud rumbling. "Deathclaw?" Cait asked, looking around frantically and loading her shotgun. Suddenly, the walls of the cave collapsed and Sole was buried alive. "SHITE! DARLIN!" Cait shrieked, sprinting over to the heap of dirt and rocks that buried their lover. "Oh please no this can't be fuckin happenin. Why?" The redhead cried. "Mother of fucking Christ why?" Cait screamed at the top of her lungs and then completely broke down. "I'm fuckin cursed." Cait frantically dug through her inventory and pulled out a syringe. "For the first time in my life I was truly happy. I didn't need chems. They were makin me sick. And This...this [beautiful/handsome] [woman/man] took me under their wing and helped me break free from my shackles. And now they're gone forever. Like any other good thing in me life." She studied the needle. "This life...my life. It's an absolute fuckin joke," she commented before injecting herself with a lethal amount of psycho. "I'm sorry, darlin. But I love ye. I love ye so fuckin much."

Hancock
"Come on, babe. I don't think you're gonna find anything useful in there." Sole ignored their companion and continued crawling. Hancock tried again. "What are you looking for, exactly? Armor? Weapons? Chems? Whatever it is you need, I can hook ya up. Ya don't need to be doin this risky shit." Sole ignored their companion and continued borrowing. When Hancock noticed rocks beginning to tumble down the facade of the cave, he knew he had to act quickly. He didn't want to panic Sole, but he needed to get them out quickly. He had an idea. "Hey, doll. Why don't we do somethin else instead? I think I saw a mattress a little further back if you're catchin my drift." Sole looked back at their companion and Hancock winked. Just as they began to crawl out, the walls began to collapse. "Shit!" Hancock yelled, running over to their panic-stricken lover. Before he could make it over to them, they were buried by dirt and stone. "[Name], oh my fucking god." Hancock frantically dug through the dirt. "Stay with me, babe. Stay with me. You're okay. We'll getcha out of this sand pile." Hancock proceeded to inject himself with several hits of Psychobuff before tunneling through the dirt pile. Even with the chems, there was too much debris to break through. The chems wore off and Hancock was left exhausted and dejected. He placed a weak hand on the mound of dirt Sole was buried under. "I'm sorry I couldn't save ya, babe. I love ya so damn much."