#16

sole mispronouncing a word

- dogmeat
+ ada, gage & longfellow

Sole and their partner had just entered Nahant when they were ambushed by a group of gunners. A frustrated Sole shouted in frustration. "Ah come on! They've infiltrated Nay-hant too?" The gunners chuckled at the oblivious Sole:

Preston
"General," Preston whispered, beckoning to his companion, "I don't mean to be that person but I believe it's pronounced nuh-haunt."

X6-88
"It's Nuh-haunt."

Cait
"Christ. Ain't ye from the Commonwealth, darlin?" Cait asked, "Even I know it's nuh-haunt."

Piper
Piper giggled and her friend's error. "Never heard of Nay-hant, Blue. But I have heard of nuh-haunt."

Ada
"Processing..." Ada paused for a moment. After about 10 seconds, Ada spoke again. "Zero search results for Nay-hant. Did you mean nuh-haunt?"

Hancock
"Slip of the tongue, fellow Masshole?" Hancock teased, "Ya sure it isn't nuh-haunt?"

Curie
"Pardon me, [madam/Monsieur]," Curie intervened, blushing, "But I believe the correct pronunciation is nuh-haunt."

Longfellow
"Hmm...you sure it's Nay-hant, kiddo?" Sole looked at their companion and Longfellow shrugged. "I'm just sayin. I thought it was nuh-haunt."

MacCready
"Is that how you say it? Huh. Coulda sworn it was nuh-haunt." MacCready scratched his head, "But you've lived in the Commonwealth your entire life, so you're the expert, I guess."

Deacon
"You're saying it wrong, pal," Deacon laughed, "It's nuh— like nuh, bruh— and haunt—like a ghost. Boo!"

Nick
"That's an interesting pronunciation. Definitely a new one in my book," Nick commented, "But I believe it's pronounced nuh-haunt."

Danse
"Soldier, weren't you a resident of Massachusetts?" Sole nodded, and Danse raised an eyebrow. "And you went your entire life mispronouncing this town's name? No one's ever corrected you?" Sole's face flushed, and Danse continued. "It's pronounced nuh-haunt."

Codsworth
"Pardon me, [Sir/Mum], but it's actually pronounced,..." Codsworth sighed, "...never mind."

Strong
"YEAH! GUN HUMANS NOT WELCOME HERE IN NAY-HANT. STRONG SMASH!!!"

Gage
"Yeah, Boss." Gage smirked, looked at the Gunners, and loaded his gun. " Ya'll better get the fuck outta Nay-hant or we'll fuck you up. Ya goons don't know who you're messin with."

The Dansing Queen