The Beginning [1]

Lucy POV

Ah, the World Cup. I have been waiting 4 years since 2015, and I can say I am a completely different person since then. I moved to Lyon from City in 2017, I won BBC Women of the Year in 2018, and many other things. It's currently 8 am and I just woke up, I look over and see Millie peacefully sleeping. Millie is my best friend and the one who has always been there for me at the lowest points. I love that girl, even though she can be completely stupid at times. I decided to make myself some tea, and then head into the shower.

We have training at 11:00 and Neville told us he had important news to tell us at around 9:00. As I sip my tea, I wonder, could it be an extra player called up? Someone getting dropped? An injury? I cannot wait. I finish my tea and I hear Millie shuffle around in her bed. I get up and head into the shower.

After the shower, Millie heads in and I get dressed in my warmup jacket and leggings that are purple. I put on Burks and continue to wait for Millie.

"Hi Luce!" She exclaims as she enters the room in her towel.

I smile, "Hey Mils. So, are you ready for training?"

"Yeah, I wonder what the news from Neville is gonna be," I shrug and wait for her to get dressed. We are very comfortable around each other, so she changes in front of me. I go on my phone and read some tweets, laughing at most of them. As Millie wraps up, we head down to the meeting room to meet with Neville and the other ladies.

————————

As we arrive, there are fruits and veggies all around and water. Millie and I sit down next to Fran Kirby, the Chelsea Women's forward.

"Hey Franny," I say, laughing and messing with her hair while eating an apple slice.

She rolls her eyes, but laughs afterwards. "I missed you guys so much," Fran says enthusiastically.

"We missed you too," Millie and I say in unison.

We hear the double doors open into the room and we see Neville and a VERY attractive woman standing next to him, brown hair, brown eyes, her arms full of tattoos and her jawline is made by the gods. My eyes bulge as I almost choke on my apple slice.

"Ahem ladies," Neville says to gather the Lionesses attention, "I am here to gladly welcome a new addition to the team. 23 year old Sophia Cooper, a left-back from Liverpool!" He looks over at Sophia smiling while we all clap for her and Neville joins in. She catches me staring at her and blushes. Neville adds on, "You ladies can make small talk for today and training at 11:00, don't forget!" He finishes and walks off to somewhere else.

Toni Duggan pipes up, "So a fellow Scouse, ay?" She smiles and walks up to Sophia, and hugs her. Sophia gives in and smiles as they pull away. "You'll have a fun time here," Duggan adds on and goes over to Alex Greenwood and Demi Stokes. I signal Sophia to come over and sit next to Fran, Millie, and I.

I stand up and shake her hand, "I'm Lucy Bronze. Nice to meet you," I smile, looking into those stunning brown eyes.

"I-I know, who doesn't know you're Lucy Bronze?" She smiles, and sits down next to Fran who starts a conversation. I start blushing, she is beautiful.

————————

I walk out onto the pitch at about 10:50 with Millie, I sit down on a bench eating an apple slice and putting my shin guards and boots on. I start doing basic stretches by myself, I see Sophia walking towards me when I'm on the ground doing a stretch with me legs.