Bets and Movies [11]

Lucy POV

I wake up and Sophia isn't in bed. I frown, looking at the time and my eyes bulge. Training is at 10:00 and it's now 9:45. Why the fuck didn't she wake me up hours ago?

I put my warmups on, and do the basic morning routine. I run to the pitch, getting there at 10:01 and Neville notices.

Out of breath a little bit, I look at Neville, "Lucy, you're late. 5 extra laps for you," he tells me, looking disappointed.

"Asshole," I mutter.

I see Rachel and Sophia jogging together ahead of me, I decide to jog a bit faster past them. They ignore me, maybe they're talking about something serious or is it about me? I'll figure it out.

I wrap up my laps, walking over to the huddle that Neville and the rest of the Lionesses that formed.

"Alright, we are going all out today. We have to prepare for our last group stage match against Japan like it is the World Cup Final, we don't need but we want the three points to secure first place in our group ladies. We fight to be at the top," he pauses, looking around at us seriously, "okay, so the drills we will be doing today are...passing, dribbling, and acceleration. Team up with somebody for the whole day. Adding on, afterwards I require a 30 minute workout of your choice and a 10 minute ice bath. We will be watching a movie together with the whole team at about 6:00 and snacks will be provided, as will blankets. And obviously the movie," we all laugh, "enough talking for me, get to work ladies!"

I see Rachel and Sophia pair up and I frown, is she ignoring me? What did I do?

I decide to team up with Millie, I missed her.

As we pass back and forth, I start the conversation, "So, any clues as to why Sophia is just not talking to me at all today?"

"No idea," she says, kicking the ball to me with her right foot. We start to get more movement, so I shut up and concentrate.

After about 30 minutes, we start dribbling with 1v1 wing situations. I tap the ball in between my feet a few times, waiting for Millie to lunge and she does. I kick the ball past her and running after it. Throwing my arms up in victory.

"Ha ha ha, very funny," she says rolling her eyes, and laughing immediately after.

30 more minutes, we do acceleration drills. Using bands to hold us back, but trying to push father is what we are doing. Millie is holding mine right now and I try to go forward, but get pulled back as she lets go. I fall on me arse and lay back on the ground groaning.

"Fuck off Millie!" I laugh and get up, hitting her right away.

Once the drills were complete, we all split up and walk into the air conditioned building full of everything a gym has basically. I take me warmup off, and wring it out like a washcloth and set it off to the side. I do a 15 minute treadmill run, and I see Rachel and Sophia doing squats together, talking and laughing. I try and focus on running, but I trip up and fall to the floor. I hit it hard.

I see Nikita run over to me, "Lucy? You okay?"

I nod, "Yeah, yeah I'll be fine lass. Thanks for the checkup," I tell her, patting her shoulder as she walks away. I stare over at Rachel and Sophia, I decided just to storm past them and go right to my ice bath.

Sophia POV

I made a really stupid bet with Rachel that if I could ignore Lucy until after training, I get 25 pounds. It's so hard right now, she just fell off the treadmill and I wanted to see if she was okay. She stormed off past us, and I feel bad. I'll just wait until the movie we all get to watch as a team and be with her.

The Movie

We all are in our jammies, some girls are already sitting down in select spots and select people.

I see hear the doors open and see Lucy walk in, and I walk up to her fast and hug her.

"I'm sorry," I say, feeling bad about the bet.

"It's whatever, why though?" she asks, letting go of the hug.

"A bet with Daly," I shrug and look down. It was only really dumb and I feel bad, "do you forgive me?"

She nods and smiles, as we go and pick our spot to cuddle at. The movie is The Conjuring, really Neville? But now I can really hold on tight to Lucy, cause I hate scary movies.

The movie starts and I am laying in between her legs, I play with her legs by drawing lines, and getting close to her core.

"Stop," she whispers.

"Make me," I chuckled lightly, and she flicks my shoulder, "ow," I whined.

She grabs my arms and wraps them around hers in front of my body. I feel her touching my knee, and rising up.

"Lucy, not here," I tell her sternly, trying to keep my voice down. I get a few 'shhhs.'

"True, I wouldn't be able to keep you quiet anyways," she replies, and I turned around to see her smug face.

I smile, and turn back around to watch the movie.

I get up on my knees and shuffled over towards Lucy. I lay down in her lap, and she starts playing with my hair lightly while she pulls the blanket over us. I think I am falling in love with Lucy Bronze. I look up and see her brown orbs looking down at me with so much admiration and love. I poke her nose and watch the movie, a jump scare happens and a few others jump and scream. I am one of the others; and Lucy holds me tight and pulls me closer.

"It's okay, it's just a movie angel," she whispers into my ear, making me tingle.

I nod and continue watching.

After The Movie

Lucy POV

One of the directors takes a photo of us after the movie with the lights on, and we all head back to our hotel rooms. I bridal style carry Sophia to our room and set her down on the bed once we reach our destination. Tomorrow is game day vs Japan and I am super pumped. We are automatically in the knockout round, but we still have to work our hardest against this squad. They won two world cups ago, so they are a good squad.

I lay in bed with Sophia and immediately cuddle with her, it's like a natural instinct. I want to keep her safe in my arms forever and fall asleep next to her every single night of my life.

I kiss her cheek three times before shutting my eyes next to my angel. My girlfriend. That's crazy, I never really knew who she was a year ago. Now she is mine, my angel. The one I fall asleep next to, I kiss, I hug, and do everything with. I am so happy, and I am falling in love with Sophia Cooper and I'm not afraid to admit it. At all.

I wonder how life will be after the World Cup 2019. Who knows? We will just have to live and see what this adventure takes us.

a/n - i'll try and update tomorrow it is midnight right now and i'm exhausted. thank you for 1k reads it means so so so so so so much to me. comment anything you'd like and vote please! love you all.

teryn <3

[1306 words]