What Just Happened? [3]

Sophia POV

I wake up again next to Lucy, she smells like vanilla. It's a quaint smell. It's about 7:00 in the morning, the ladies have training at 9:00. The big game against Scotland is coming up in 3 days and I'm pretty sure we are all ecstatic. I'm staring at Lucy, until she wakes up and stares back at me. She smiles first, and I smile back.

I poke her nose, "Good morning," I giggle,

"I like your laugh. Good morning to you too," She responds back, making me blush,

I get up, deciding to wake up Millie and Fran. Lucy heads into the shower. I jump on top of them, pushing them into the bed. "Wake up sleepy heads!" I hear them both grimace and groan as they sit up.

"Seriously?" Millie exclaims, acting like she didn't do something similar yesterday. I give her a look reminding her and she tuts, I see Fran turn on the telly. It's some news channel, just something for the background while we get ready. Lucy enters the room with her warmups on. We all finish showering and we walk together down to the pitch. We all split off in different directions. I sit down on a nearby bench and put my shin guards on along with my boots and start stretching over by Lucy.

As I sit down I say, "Thanks for yesterday, it was amazing," I look up at her seeing her beaming smile,

"My pleasure," She says as she reaches towards her feet, I can hear her shoulder crack and she winces.

"Jesus, that was loud as hell! You alright?" I say as I start rubbing her shoulders and she moans in pleasure.

"This feels good," she replies, "keep going please," She puts her head up towards the sky as I keep rubbing. I hear camera shutters from the photographer on the other side of the fence. I sigh, "We aren't going to hear the end of this," I roll my eyes. I step out in front of her and reach my hand out to pull her up, and I do.

"Meh, it's the media. The farthest it'll reach will be the Lionesses page right? Maybe some fan edits," She finishes with a chuckle, and a shrug.

Neville blows his whistle, he instructs us to do 3 laps around the pitch, passing drills, acceleration drills, head to the weight room, and then conclude with a 5v5 scrimmage and ice baths. He blows his whistle once again to end the huddle.

I find Lucy and jog with her, this will be nice just to be alone with her. I smile once I see her and we start jogging around the pitch.

"So, what's your favourite colour?" I ask her,

"Red," she replies,

"Why is that?"

"Because I love apples," she answers, laughing pretty hard. She's cute, I love listening to that laugh.

"Cute," I say, as we finish our first lap,

"What about yours?" She asks me, looking at me.

"Hm, sea green," I reply, and she laughs, I hear camera clicks again and I sighed quietly,

"So distinctive, but so you in a way," She laughs as I swatted at her.

"Is that a good or bad thing?" I ask her,

"Good. Pretty good," She puts up the 'ok' sign, I hear more camera clicks. Ugh. We finish our laps in silence, besides the occasional laughs about my favourite colour being sea green. We then start up the passing drills, I do those with Fran.

I walk up to Fran, and she high fives me, "Hey Soph," she smiles slightly at me,

"Hey Franny," I reply, "ready for the drill?"