Good News [4]

Sophia POV

I wake up to the sounds of beeping and lots of quiet talking. I look around, why am I in a hospital? I don't remember anything. I see a nurse walked towards me,

She stuck her hand out, wanting me to shake it, "Hi I am Nurse Tilly. I am here to help you with any basic necessities. Now, you're probably confused but you endeavored a moderate concussion. It happened it training yesterday, but you need to be drinking fluids and eating occasionally. Do you want the telly on?" She finishes, I nod, and she clicks on the remote and hands it to me, she adds on, "I believe you have a visitor," she smiles at me, and turns around opening the double-door for Lucy and Neville. Lucy runs up to me and gives me a hug, I smile, but once she pulls away I see her face all bruised and red. I frown, she realizes what I mean and she speaks up, "So, basically Millie did a bad challenge on you and I shoved and punched her. I walked away she came back and basically tackled me," she points at her face, "this was the result," she shrugs, looking down as of disappointment. Neville leaves, to give us some time to talk. I patted the side of the gurney I'm on, and Lucy comes and lays down next to me. I missed this a lot.

She puts her head on my shoulder, and she starts crying quietly. "Hey, what's wrong?" I look into her eyes, I wipe away her tears as she puts her head up.

"I just feel bad. I wish Millie never did this, now I jeopardized our friendship and it sucks. I had to do it, y'know? It was nasty, and I don't condone that," she finishes, looking into my eyes with those glassy brown orbs.

I smile, "Did you do it for me?"

I see her look down, and then nod. I put my head on her chest carefully and cautiously.

"Can yo-," I was going to ask her to play with my hair, but she has already started. I smile, this whole situation just feels good. Lucy is protective over me, she fought her best friend for me. I shut my eyes, absorbing the peace and quiet.

Lucy POV

I look down to see Sophia asleep and it makes me happy. She looks so peaceful, she needs to be like this all the time. I decided to take a video on Insta where I show my face and then Sophia's. The story caption, "This girl is always asleep lol @sophcooper" I post it, and then I go to the #lucybronzeedit because the things the fans make are so cool and entertaining to watch. I like and watch a few and set my phone down, Neville enters the room, smiling and then mouthing, "Is she okay?" I nod, and he does the 'ok' sign and walks back out. I see him sit down and start typing on his phone, probably the team email to let everyone know that Soph is alright.

Few Hours Later

Sophia is discharged, so Neville, Soph, and I headed back to the hotel. Sophia was dropped off at my room to rest, Neville said I can just hit the weight room and come back in an hour to check up on her and get some lunch. I think Neville has taken a liking to her and it's sweet to me. I change into my warmups and head straight to the weight room, thank god I am the only person in here besides some athletic trainers. I head to the treadmill, doing a twenty minute run. I do deadlift sets of 15, squats, push ups, and I top it off with stretching at the end. I grab a towel and wipe the sweat off me face, and head back to the hotel. I see Fran on the way and she smiles tight lipped at me, I just ignore it and open the door.

I walk in, setting my stuff down. I see Sophia on her phone, and it looks like she's taking a video of me and laughing, "You look stupid!" She keeps laughing and stops filming me, I laugh and I go and look at the video with a Scotland flag surrounding me face.

"Ugh I hate you," I say to her, rolling my eyes and getting into bed next to her, "scoot over fatass," I tell her, and she swats me arm and scoots over.

We spent the whole day just chilling, we put Greys Anatomy on, ate some food, and took videos of and with each other. I can say our friendship is going pretty smoothly, I care for her a lot obviously. I see her stretch and yawn, showing her waistline and I try not to look but she catches me, "You can touch if you want," she says, winking at me, she adds on, "just kidding, Luce," I am shocked, I mean, who wouldn't want me in bed? I look at her in shock, and she starts hitting me and laughing. I hit her back and we start rolling around and she ends up on top of me, straddling my waist. I look up at her beautiful brown eyes, and then her tattoos.

"I've been meaning to ask, what do your tattoos mean?" I ask her, studying her arms,

"I can show you them if you want," and she smiles, as I nod. I kind of forgot she was straddling me, but she starts taking her shirt off and mid-way someone opens the door, and I hear Fran shriek.

She covers her eyes, "H-holy shit guys, already? What the fuck?" She exclaims,

"I-It's not what it looks like, Fran, she was showing me her tattoos," I tell her,

"Oh yeah, well why is she on top of you then?" She retorts,

"I-I, well, we were playing around and it ended up like this," I reply back, trying not to stutter but I fail,

Sophia gets off of me, and lays down on the bed next to me.

Fran starts talking again, "I'm just going outside to walk around and get some fresh air. See you guys," She walks out of the room. I am stunned. Why did she react like that? I am so confused. I look over at Sophia, and she's taking a video of me. I lunge over trying to grab her phone, but her reflexes were a bit faster. Her story caption says, "Always lacking aren't ya Luce? Lmao @lucybronze"

A Few Hours Later

I decided to shower, we have training tomorrow as our first game is coming up soon against Scotland. But I don't know if I will be able to play, and it's very disheartening because I have been waiting for years until this moment. I get out of the shower, change into a baggy North Carolina t-shirt, and grey Nike sweats. I head into bed quietly because Sophia is already asleep. I turn the tellys sound down a tad, and go on my phone to see any last minute things. I was recently tagged in a post by the Lionesses, the videos on our story are up and I laugh, the caption says, "Our full back friendship plays par today as Lucy and Sophia hang out on a rest day for them! Come on Lionesses, countdown is 2 days until our first match of the group stage against Scotland!" I go and read comments, most of them saying we are cute and such. I put my phone down, smiling, because we are pretty cute. I then wrap my arm around her waist and snuggle my head into the nook of her neck and kiss it once.

I whisper in her ear, "Good night," and I shut my eyes finally getting sleep.

a/n - wow i love lucy JDJSJJS she is so cute. well i hope you guys like this chapter! the big game is coming up soon as well, and will we see millie and lucy start? who knows! find out soon. (:

teryn <3

[1361 words]