Game Day v Argentina [8]

3 Days Later

Lucy POV

It's finally game day against Argentina. I am excited, currently Sophia and I are laying down in bed just talking about life. We decided to do an Instagram live for the fun of it.

She clicks live and starts it, a few hundred people show up in 30 seconds. We both say hi guys, and most questions are about us.

lionessesdaily: are u 2 together yet?? when's the wedding??

We both laugh, "Nah, we aren't together," smiling towards Sophia, "yet," I add on.

We go live for another twenty minutes before we wave and say goodbye to the 400ish viewers.

She sets her phone down, "So yet huh?" she looks at me distinctively.

"Should I have kept that to myself?" I ask, walking closer to her.

She shrugs, and I get closer to her.

"Should I keep this to myself?" And I kiss her, feeling a spark.

She pulls away, blushing like crazy.

"God Lucy, you're so cheesy!" she says, walking towards the bathroom and heading into the shower.

"I know you love it though," I reply back, and catch her flipping me off before entering the bathroom.

Tunnel

(Lineups: Telford, Bronze, Houghton, Bright, Cooper, Walsh, Parris, Taylor, Daly, Kirby, and White. 4-1-4-1 formation)

Lucy POV

We are standing in a line in the tunnel, waiting for the announcement to come on to welcome us to the pitch. I jump up and down a few times, and then hold the little boys hand looking up at me.

I smile, "You ready, bud?"

He nods, and smiles back. I ruffle his hair a bit, and continue to look straight ahead. You can hear the music start playing and the announcer coming on, "Welcome to the FIFA Women's World Cup game between Argentina versus England!" the crowd cheers, and he adds on in French, "Bienvenue à la Coupe du Monde Féminine de la FIFA opposant l'Argentine à l'Angleterre!" The referees start walking, and so do both the lines.

Kickoff

Argentina starts at the centre circle, 15 minutes in a no shots by either team yet until Argentina get a free kick from 25 yards out. The wall is Me, Millie, and Fran, the Argentine uses her left foot and bags it in the top right corner. Fran misses the ball with her head barely, we restart at the circle. 0-1, Argentina is up.

At the 29th minute, we start to pick up the quality and vision. The defenders are passing back and forth and I now have the ball, dribbling past an Argentine midfielder, and soaring a lob pass for Nikita down the right wing is able to create space for her to run. I decide to help her out and she passes it back to me, I use my right foot to send the ball into the box and Keira gets her right foot on the ball and side volleys it into the right side of the goal. The crowd roars as she runs, jumps, and throws her fist in the air and kisses the England logo on her kit. We all run up and hug her, and get back to our positions. 1-1.

Halftime

Neville's pep talk was short and sweet, "Continue with this pace, and we will be scoring more goals ladies. I like the vision and creativity! Now let's go out there and kick some ass, alright?" He finishes, yelling.

"Alright!" We all say back to him.

"England on 3, 123 England!" he yells, throwing his fist in the air.

"England!" We all do the same and head back out onto the pitch.

End Of Halftime

In the 58th minute, Duggan comes on for Taylor. The midfield is playing possessive and well, not losing the ball at all. Houghton gets the ball, looks around, plants her hips, and tries to complete a 50-50 ball with White, both players miss and Nikita is running hard towards the ball that is 30 yards away from goal. Daly is high tailing it, as Nikita fakes out the goalie making her pivot right but passes to the left where Daly gets shoots and makes it into the left side of the net. She runs right to Millie and jumps into her arms. The crowd is going crazy right now, as we all hug each other and go back to our positions. 2-1.

In the 67th minute, Argentina equalizes on a penalty. Millie clipped there striker and eventually got a yellow card for the challenge. 2-2.

78th minute comes up, and Ellen gets subbed off for Carney to come on. The stadium claps for the legend, and she claps as well.

81st minute, Nikita and I are passing on the right wing, while Keira joins in. I see Duggan wide open once again, and I sling the ball to her on the left side. Her and Daly play one two while she calls for a through pass down the left wing, I run hard towards the box and the cross comes to me? I plant my hips, shoot, hope and pray it goes in. And it does. It soared right to the top left corner as the goalie gets fingertips on the ball. I run to the left corner flag and knee slide, spreading my arms out, and crossing my arms. I turn around and see Sophia running towards me and knee slides and hugs me. 3-2.

"Wow, what a fuckin goal!" She exclaims.

I smile, "Thank you," as Toni pulls me up and congrats me, I say thanks for the assist.

The referee adds 3 minutes to extra time, I have the ball trapped by the corner flag and an Argentine forward shoves me to the ground. I fly back up, and collide my head with hers.

"Watch it, puta," I say fiercely, not leaving my eyes off of hers.

She shoves me back, and the ref gives her a red card. Thank god, I just got shoved for trying to waste time.

The referee blows the whistle three times and we won! We all run and jump into each other's arms and celebrate. What a game.

After The Game

Sophia POV

Neville said we could either go to the club, or head back to the hotel room. Lucy left early, so I assumed she headed back? I insert the key, open the door, and see Lucy looking at her phone on the bed in her jammies.

She looks up and sees me, her face switches to delight, "Well, there she is!" She walks up to me and wraps me in a hug, kissing my forehead.

God I love this woman. I notice she is wearing glasses.

"You wear glasses?" I ask her, giving her a funny look. They make her look a hundred times sexier.

She looks down, tapping her feet, "Yeah, I don't like wearing them that much when people are around," she looked up at me and does a tight lipped grin. She sits down on the bed, looking at me.

I walk towards her, and straddle her, "Well, I think," I say, whispering, "you look very sexy with them on," I say, with kisses on her neck in between.

She lays back, "Thank you darling," she says, smiling and blushing.

I tap her cheeks, "You're blushing," I tell her.

She rolls her brown eyes, "If only you knew the effect you had on me,"

I wrap my arms around her neck, and she looks at my tattoos with such love and care.

"Oh yeah, and what's that?" I ask her seductively, drumming my fingers on the back of her neck.

"I think I'm falling for you, Sophia," she looked me straight in the eye and with serious intent.

a/n - wowza! the second game is finished, just one more which is japan. also, when japan and argentina played (in the fic) japan won 2-1. enjoy this chapter! it has lots of luphia content. (:

teryn <3

[1332 words]