No Matter What [9]

Lucy POV

"I think I'm falling for you, Sophia," I looked straight into her eyes with serious intent.

Her eyes start tearing up, is this good or bad?

"You are?" she asks me, wrapping her arms tighter around my neck.

I nod, "Ever since I saw you walk through those double doors, I knew you were going to be special to me. I just knew it," I tell her.

"Lucy Bronze," she wipes her eyes, "you're probably the sweetest person in this world. I thank God that I met you, I am so serious," her accent gets thick and she starts smiling.

"I'm glad it's mutual," I say back, grabbing her waist and pulling her close to me, "will you be my girlfriend, Sophia Cooper?" I ask her, looking directly in her eyes as mine tear up.

"Yes, yes, a million times yes!" She repetitively kisses me, and we fall back as she lays on me. I pull her closer as she kisses my neck and I moan quietly. I can tell there will be plenty of bruises on my neck in the morning and all me teammates saying something.

"I could tell you were a top," I smirked distinctively.

"Oh yeah?" she puts her hand underneath my shirt, drawing a line onto my abs making me shiver, "does me touching you make you shiver?" she adds on, whispering into my ear.

I gulp and shut my eyes, this girls going to be the death of me.

Few Hours Later

We decided to go to a local pizzeria and eat there. We got a sausage and pepperoni pizza. I let Sophia decide, because why not? The waitress delivered the pizza to our table along with our waters we asked for.

After Sophia takes a bite, she asks, "So, is this a date?"

"No, if it was I would've asked you on one. And besides, is this really an ideal place for me to take the Sophia Cooper?" I smirk and she laughs.

"You really do like me, huh?" she asks, putting the water down.

"Yes, yes, I do," I respond.

I can tell she is looking around a lot, and I ask her about it.

"What's up with the looking around?" I ask, finishing the last bite of my pizza.

She whispers, "People keep filming us," she looks bug eyed.

"Do you want to head out?"

She nods, as I have already paid on the little attached computer on the side of the table.

We walk outside into the fresh air of Lyon. It's a little windy, but who cares? I go to grab her hand, and she hesitantly puts hers in mine.

I frown, "Why so hesitant?" I ask.

"Because we are in public, I don't really want the media and our team to know we are together yet," she says, looking straight forward as we walk to look around.

I let go of our grasp, and don't say anything back.

After five minutes of walking, I ask her if we could go to the park. She agrees and we walk to the local park.

We see little girls that are about ten years old practicing shooting. I smile, reminiscing back to my childhood days.

Sophia catches me staring, "You want to go up and play with them?"

I look over at her, I smile and nod.

When the one girl finishes shooting with her left foot, she looks over and says, "Oh mon dieu c'est lucy et sophia de l'équipe anglaise!" (Oh my god it's Lucy and Sophia from the England team.)

"What the hell did she just say?" Sophia asks me and I bust out laughing, "she noticed it's us."

"Oh," she shrugs, "makes sense."

Sophia POV

"Voudriez-vous que nous jouions avec vous?" Lucy asks the little girls, and oh my god, those were the sexiest words I've ever heard Lucy say. I forgot she has been here for almost two years playing for Lyon. (Would you like us to play with you?)

The girls both nod.

Lucy asks another question, "Connaissez-vous l'anglais?" (Do you know English?)

The girls shook their heads, it sounded like she said English?

We start kicking the ball around and also include shooting. The girls did a 2v1 with Lucy and it was the cutest thing ever, Lucy would let them pass her sometimes. I stood to the side watching with awe, Lucy is the most kind hearted person in this world. Why am I so lucky? I pull my phone out taking a video of them, as one of the girls nutmegs Lucy and scores in the bottom right corner. The two girls high five each other, I start laughing but so does Lucy. I post it on my Instagram story, "Lucy playing with little girls at the park <3 @lucybronze"

After they finish, we take pictures with them.

"Si l'Angleterre et la France jouent, serez-vous là?" Lucy asks them afterwards, smiling down at them. They both said "Oui", hey! I know a French word. (If England and France play, will you be there?)

We part ways, heading back to the hotel. As we enter, Lucy flopped down onto the bed and turned on our show. Greys Anatomy.

I smile, and she catches me, "Why are you smiling, angel?"

I blush, she called me angel, "Our show," I point to the telly.

"Our show," she repeats back to me, smiling as she puts her circle glasses on, "come cuddle with meee," she says, dragging on me and putting her arms out,"

"I gotta take a showerrrr," I say back to her, laughing.

She gets up fast and picks me up.

"Lucy!" I yelled, flailing my arms around. She throws me onto the bed and gets on top of me.

"I want cuddles Sophia," she tells me, smiling cheekily.

"Okay, whatever," I say, as she lays down next to me, "just know that I'll stink tonight," I look over at her.

She gets closer to me and wraps her arm around me, "I'll still love you bits and pieces. No matter what, even if you smell," she finishes, kissing my neck.

"No matter what?" I ask, moaning in delight.

"No matter what," she replies, putting her head into my neck and we go to sleep. It should be like this every night forever, and I hope and pray it is. I fell for Lucy Bronze and I am not afraid to admit it.

a/n - this was one of my favourite chapters to write. (,: i love them so much, let me know how you thought! also, when japan and scotland played they drew 1-1 (in the fic) i'll update tomorrow before my flight to florida!! i'll obviously write on the flight so i will most likely have 2-3 chapters done and ready to publish. love you guys. thank you for 300 reads! it means a lot.

teryn <3

[1151 words]