Game Day vs Sweden [18]

Lucy POV

I feel wet lips on my neck and I wake up to the amazing feeling.

"Good morning my love." Sophia says, looking at me.

I smile, and stir a bit, "Good morning angel."

She straddles me and starts to move her hips, I grab her hips into the motion and stifle a sound out of my mouth.

"Not already, I'm exhausted. Me want sleep." I pout while she stops moving her hips and lays on top of me.

"Well, let's sleep forever." She says looking into my eyes with so much love and admiration.

I whisper into her ear, "I would love to be here forever."

She smiles and blushes, covering her face with my chest. I pull her head so she looks at me.

"Stop covering your face. I enjoy looking at you, beautiful."

She looks at me, while I grab her chin and put our lips together.

A Few Hours Later

Sophia left a note saying she went out with Rachel and Fran on the table and she will be back soon.

Our game versus Sweden is today and I doubt I will be playing because of my fiasco with Kelley.

I get an email and I expect it to be from Neville, and, without a doubt it is. I sigh and open it.

"Dear Lucy,

Social media can be a place of happiness, sadness, and anger. We heard about what happened at the restaurant with you, Kelley O'Hara from the USWNT, and our own Millie Bright. As a result of your last controversy, we are suspending you for this upcoming game against Sweden in the Round of 16. I am sorry this must be very frustrating but we must take action to things like this. Alex Greenwood will be taking your position for this game, if we make it through you will be in the team sheet next. Also, you will be able to attend the match via the bus.

Cheers,

Phil Neville

England Manager

I throw my phone at the bed and sign in distress. I cup my hands over my face and run my hands through my hair.

"Fuck this." I mutter under my breath.

Game Time

The lineups are the same just with Greenwood at RB replacing Bronze.

I catch Sophia looking up at me and I blow her a kiss and wink at her. She blushes and catches my kiss and places it on her heart. God she is precious.

The national anthems finish, and I take a video of Sophia looking up at the sky and post it on Instagram.

Caption: do it for your country, your name, and for me. come on girls <3 #SWEENG

The game starts and it's a lot of possession balls, with 1-2 touches along the wing. Nothing special really, some shots were taken but the keepers easily saved them.

In the 24th minute, Fischer pings it up to Asllani who dribbled past Houghton, Bright attempts to tackle but Asllani already shot inside the box and gets past Telford to the right. 0-1 Sweden.

I sigh in frustration, our forwards shouldn't have allowed Fischer that much time to pass the ball upfield.

Halftime.

I see Sophia using her kit to wipe her forehead and I bite my lip seeing her fit, tan, body dripping in sweat.

I rustle her hair, "You're playing fine, you're covering well on the wing offensively and defensively."

She smiles, "Thanks babe, I wish you were playing." she says, as we walk into the locker room.

I sigh, "Yeah, me too."

Neville finishes his pep talk while the girls walk into the pitch and he pulls me to the side.

"Thank you for not being frustrated and taking this well. I love seeing you on the pitch but we have disciplinary rules on this team and breaking them results in a suspension. The girls look up to you and you're only 27, Lucy." He pats my shoulder and walks off towards the bench on the pitch.

I smile and say to myself, "They look up to me?" And walk off to the bench as well.

The game starts back up again, we are playing aggressive and getting the ball down the field, taking shots and getting corners. White almost scored but Fischer cleared the ball off the line, she's amazing.

The 58th minute, Kirby gets a yellow card from tackling Asllani. They're about 40 yards out and nothing happens from the free kick.

The 64th minute, Duggan comes on for Kirby.

Sweden makes a sub as well.

The 87th minute, it's still 1-1, Parris makes a fantastic run down the right wing and cutting in. Everyone is telling her to shoot but Ellen is making a hard run in as Parris dinks it over Fischer and she volleys it home into the right side of the net. The whole stadium erupts into happiness and so do we. Ellen does her goggle celebration and the rest of the team goes back to the center circle positions.

The match goes to extra time, and Stokes comes on for Greenwood. Tactical switch coming from Neville as Alex looks exhausted, I high five her as she sits next to me.

"Good job managing everything on the right side. You did amazing, Al." I say smiling to her.

She guzzles down a water, "Thank you, Lucy."

Halftime for extra time.

I decide to do a pep talk this time, "Okay girls. Our attack has been well this game, we need to focus on the wings. With Parris and Daly, you gals cut in more while Duggan and Taylor can help you out and including White. This will help with the space down the middle of the pitch. Now, defense step your line up more. Make the Sweds work to get past you, and square up more. We are playing amazing, just keep on fighting and we will win this game. Let's go for a goal instead of pens alright girls?" I finish looking around at everyone.

"Alright!" They all say.

"Let's go England." Neville says, as the girls go to the pitch and position at the center circle.

The 116th minute Daly and Duggan are playing 1-2 on the left center part of the field as Taylor joins in with the passing. They get marked, and Taylor lobs it over to Parris, who through passes it into White and she dribbles past one defender, another defender and slots it to the left where Daly is wide open to just boot it in. White passes to Daly, and she sinks it in with her right foot on the left side of the net. Daly runs to the right corner flag and knee slides while the girls dogpile her.

The stadium is roaring and I'm tempted to run out but me and Alex are hugging and screaming with the staff with Neville jumps and throws his fist in the air.

The final whistle blows and we all run out onto the field and celebrate with so much joy and love.

"Local bar. Tonight. Drinks on me ladies!" Neville yells out and we all cheer with joy.

Tonight will be a night we will never forget.

a/n - i finally wrote a damn chapter and i'm sorry it took forever. i was on vacation and i never had time or inspiration to write. but thank you for 8k reads it means SO much to me. love you all. will update again tonight. more dram fulfills. (;

teryn <3

[1252 words]