Game Day v Japan [12]

Lucy POV

We are in the tunnel currently for our last game of our group stage match against Japan.

Lineups are the same as the last game. Lineup: Telford, Bronze, Houghton, Bright, Cooper, Walsh, Parris, Taylor, Daly, Kirby, and White. 4-1-4-1 formation.

Centre Circle

Sophia POV

Ellen starts off with Nikita in the circle, the crowd counts down from 5 and we are off into the final game. We play possessive football, not getting any quality chances.

The 23rd minute, the Japanese attack starts something up from Jodie getting intercepted in the midfield. Japan's winger is running at me full speed and she passes me, I catch up to her in a few seconds and I slide tackle getting the ball first and getting up to get the ball. I fling the ball to Keira as she runs up, lobbing it to Nikita down the far right side of the field. Lucy pushes up to help her, as she receives the ball she gets a nasty slide tackle that didn't hit the ball from a defender.

I run full speed ahead at the defender and get in her face, "Watch where you're sliding bitch," I tell her, looking into her glossy green eyes as she backs up.

We get a free kick on the right side of the field, Daly and Keira are standing by it discussing what will happen and who is kicking the ball. Daly runs up, boots it into the box and it soars over everyone, besides Ellen and she taps it into the bottom left corner.

She runs to the left corner flag and does her goggle celebration and we hug her. We all go to our positions as another kickoff is ahead of us. 1-0.

Halftime

Neville gives us a pep talk, I zone out just looking at Lucy. She's sweating like crazy, and keeps wiping her forehead. She finally catches me, and smiles back with a little wave. I wave back. It also sounds like Neville is done talking, and we all stand up to get back to the pitch.

"So, I saw you staring at me, is there something on me face?" she asks me, coming from behind.

"No, you're just very beautiful," I respond, walking away keeping her standing there shocked.

Kickoff

Japan starts off aggressively, getting a couple shots off where they win a corner but we get out of the jam. We counter attack, but get stopped in the final third.

57th minute Toni Duggan comes on for Jodie Taylor, and I see Lucy is pointing '1'. The fuck does that mean? I try to mouth 'what'? but she looks away.

The back line passes to each other a few times, making sure no errors were made. Lucy has gotten a pass from Houghton and Lucy makes a long pass to Duggan wide open at the top left side of the field. She does a long run, making sure a few attackers can get into the box, I see Lucy running hard as Duggan dribbles in and getting past her defender. She passes to Lucy, who isn't even marked and I yell.

"Shoot!"

Lucy bangs it in the top right corner from outside the box. She runs to the right corner flag and slides, I run full speed at her and she gets up as I jump into her arms, she throws a fist in the air. 2-0, 77th minute.

I look down at her, "Wow, baby,"

She smiles and does '2' with her finger, she lets me down as we all hug and return to our positions.

The game finishes 2-0 and we all run into each other's arms and hug. Celebrating with these girls is amazing, and I can't wait.

Lucy and I hug, "What a fucking goal baby," I say into her ear.