Smooth and Cheesy [10]

Fran POV

While we board our plane to Paris for our final group stage match against Japan, I put my earbuds in and start listening to NSG. I get to sit next to Rachel, which will be pretty fun.

The plane takes off, and I look around and see Lucy and Sophia taking a selfie together. I frown, I had feelings for Sophia and I even kissed her. I don't think she told Lucy yet because she hasn't beaten my ass yet.

Rachel taps my shoulder twice, "Why ye staring at them for?" Shit, she caught me. I turn my music off.

"Can I tell you something?" I look back at Rachel, frowning.

"Of course, Franny," she replies, looking at me sincerely.

"I have feelings for Sophia," I pause, trying to lower my voice, "I kissed her after she saw Lucy getting grinded on at the club after the Scotland game. She stormed outside and I did it, she did it back but ran off,"

Rachel looks shocked, "What? Why didn't ye make a move on her?"

"Because of Lucy!" I say, whisper yelling, "it's so obvious they are into each other, Rach. And I hate it so much," I start to tear up, putting my head on her shoulder. She starts to play with my hair.

"Hey, it'll be okay. You got Mils and I, right lass?" I look up at her and we smile at each other.

She's pretty damn cute I have to say. I take my phone out and take a picture of us and post it, the caption is, "on the plane to paris with rach :)) (i don't remember rachel's @) @rdaly17"

"Aw, you posted us?" she asks, looking at me.

"Yes ma'am," I smile.

Maybe I like Daly? She seems really sweet, maybe I should be near her more. I fall asleep on her shoulder.

45 Minutes Later

Once we land, Rachel wakes me up by tapping me a few times.

"We landed, love," she tells me. My heart throbs when she calls me that.

We all grab our bags and head off of the plane, thanking the pilot and the staff. Once we go down the stairs, I trip and get caught by someone.

Sophia.

Really? It could've been anyone else.

"Thank you, you're a lifesaver," I say, once she picks me up onto my two feet and I blush faster than a cheetah hunting it's prey.

"You're welcome," she replies, waiting for Lucy and continuing down the stairs.

I catch up to Rachel, and we get onto the bus to head to the hotel and rest up. Our final group stage match against Japan is in two days, I'm pretty excited. Japan has kind of lowered in skill the past few years so I'm expecting us to win.

20 Minutes Later

We depart the bus, seeing fans screaming and jumping makes me laugh. I take a picture with a few and high five them. Rachel and I got roomed together and I'm pumped. I want to continue our friendship and see how it goes.

After we both shower we decide to sit on the balcony, overlooking the Paris streets full of shops and cafes. I breathe a sigh of relief, this city is beautiful. I wish I lived here.

I blank out, Rachel snaps her fingers in front of my face, "You good?"

I nod, "Just looking at this pretty city," I turn towards her, "and I'm now looking at a pretty girl," I smile, wow that was cheesy.