Game Day v Scotland [6]

Sophia POV

I wake up to Lucy moving beneath me, I roll off of her and laugh.

"Good morning, sleepy head," I say to her, playing with her messy hair.

She smiles, "Good morning, it's game day," she says.

I nodded, "I'm excited, I hope you and Millie get to play or start," I frown, looking at her she frowns too, I know something that'll make her happy, "do you want to go get some breakfast?" She nods as we go down to the breakfast room.

I see her pull her phone out, taking a video of her food and then showing it onto me. I do a peace sign and laugh, she laughs as well. Her caption said, "Breakfast @sophcooper

As we finish up, we headed back to the room and change into our warmups. Neville wants us to hit the weight room, do acceleration tests, and stamina as well for today. The game against Scotland is today and I hope Lucy gets to start, I know how much it will mean to her.

Few Hours Later

Lucy POV

As we get ready to board the bus heading to the stadium, Neville pulls Millie and I aside.

He taps his foot, and puts his hands behind his back, "So, ladies, I have been given a few days to think about if you will be in the starting lineup. I agree, with others, you can start in today's game if you will not act up again. No fighting, no matter what. It can be verbally, just not physically. Alright?"

We both nod our heads and thank him. Neville nods back and heads onto the bus, Millie turns towards me and reaches her arms out for a hug. I grin and hug her back.

"I missed you, Mils," I say to her,

"Me too, Luce. I'm sorry for everything," she replied hesitantly. I can feel it in her voice that she means it, we love each other because we are like sisters. We head onto the bus, she sits with Fran and I try to find Sophia but Toni decided to sit with her. That's fine, I guess. I'll sit with Nikita, she looks up smiles at me.

"Luce! You're sitting with me? Aw, I missed ya lass," she tells me, smiling at me.

"I know, I missed you too," I reply, feeling the bus pull off and hearing the fans outside yelling.

The ride was about 20 minutes long, as we arrive at the stadium the England fans erupted into roars as we hop off of the bus with our bags. High fiving some fans, we were directed into the stadium and right to the locker room. Our kits are hanging up already, seeing number 2 with 'Bronze' on the back makes me smile because of all of my achievements in my football career. I look over and see Sophia looking at her kit, number 28 with 'Cooper' on the back. She catches me looking and smiles.

We go out into the pitch to look around a get a feel, but I play for the club here so I was fine. But I did it anyways, we have an hour and a half until kickoff.

30 Minutes Later

You can see the fans entering already, we all have our kits on underneath our warm up jackets. The Lionesses are hanging out in the locker room, and the starting 11 is told.

Neville coughs to gain attention, "Alright, we will be running a 4-1-4-1 with our back line being Telford in goal, Bronze, Houghton, Bright, and Cooper. Our midfield consists of Walsh at defensive mid, then Parris, Taylor, Kirby, and Daly. And lastly, our striker is White," he starts clapping, and we all start clapping, "come on gather around, gather around. I am proud of you ladies, no matter the outcome tonight. We have a special group here around us, we are family. Make England proud, okay? England on 3, 123 England!"