one

chapter one:
a part where things start i guess

"put the phone away brandon" the teacher said bluntly

"put the phone away brandon" the teacher said bluntly. brandon immediately perked at his name, the smirk erasing from his face as he looked at his strict teacher. he was shaking his head with a disappointed sigh. brandon mindlessly rolled his eyes, pushing his glasses a little further up his face before shoving his phone into his pocket. and once the teacher turned around brandon stuck his tongue out childishly. he had gotten a few giggles from the girls sitting beside him.

of course from the attention of the females brandon looks at them and gives a quick wink. almost instantly the girls blush a scarlet and start whispering amongst each other. he grinned devilishly from what he accomplished, then turning his attention back towards his teacher who was in the middle of explaining what shades and tints do to a picture. luckily brandon didn't have to listen to his lecture any further because of the classroom door swinging open. the door hit the wall with a bang while a cluster of scrambling noises had sounded. everyone's attention was drawn to the sound, eyebrows raised as they observed whoever had entered.

it was another student. he gripped a canvas that was covered in various types of colors; while under his arm was tucked a sketchbook and plenty of papers. he struggled to keep his bookbag from falling off his shoulders; and he juggled holding paint brushes within an uneven cup. he failed miserably with trying to keep his things in his hold, as he suddenly dropped a few of his papers. and when bending down to grab them, his paint brushes dumped all over. he mumbled curses to himself before looking up at his audience. and at the attention his face went white and he froze.

"uh s-sorry i'm late" he got up from his spot and rushed to meet his teacher with a blue slip. in big bold letters it said: excused absence. "i-i had a doctor's appointment" he finished as he awaited his teacher's response. but within the silence of the adult, multiple other people his age started to whisper comments about him. it made him anxious and awkward.

"gather your belongings off the floor and take a seat austin" his teacher finally spoke. quickly austin nodded, going back over and grabbing all the loose papers and paint brushes. he kept his head down as he walked down the aisles of desks, flinching when he hears rude words whispered in his direction.

"he's an absolute loser."

austin took a seat in one of the stools and looked at the person who said such phrase. he started to bite the inside of his cheek when seeing it was edwin; someone who cares about himself and himself only. austin usually made it his job to not stare longer than two seconds. if he did then edwin would get one of his posse members to hunt him down and make sure he never stared again.

"leave him alone ed" another person said quietly. austin knew him too. he was the famous nicholas mara. the only other person who gave brandon a run for his money. and honestly austin believes nick is ten times better than brandon. he wasn't a constant jerk, and actually treated women with respect.

"alright, now if there are no more disruptions-" the class teacher was interrupted one final time when the school bell had run throughout the room. everyone gathered their items and quickly rushed out of the room, dismissing whatever else their teacher had to say.

brandon clicked his tongue as he removed himself from his seat, bypassing the girls he had winked at only a few minutes prior. they waved at him with seducing farewells, him only sparing them a glance. he did take a look at the austin student in his class. he was putting his painted canvas on the back shelf with the other done artwork, smiling as he quickly observed it. brandon furrowed his eyebrows as he swears austin started to glow in the light.

shaking the thought away, brandon left the classroom to be engulfed by the sea of students who lingered in the hallway. he smoothly walked down the hall, smiling bright when he spotted his favorite person talking to one of her friends. brandon sneakily moved behind her, wrapping his arms around her waist and lifting her off the ground. she squealed at the action.

"calm down babe. it's just me" the female removed herself from the conversation of her friends to turn around and see brandon standing before her. she immediately frowned. brandon dropped his smile as well as he looked at her confused. "is there a reason why you're staring at me like that?"

"does charlotte ring a bell?" she asked. she narrowed her eyes when noticing brandon change his once confidence stance.

"maggie, i promise whatever she told you is a complete lie."

maggie crossed her arms as she eyed him over. she obviously didn't believe him and huffed at the idea of him lying to her.

"did she lie about you also fucking tiffany? ansley?" maggie pressed with her anger growing. "you know what? it's doesn't matter. we're not together anymore so why argue about this?" brandon couldn't be anymore confused.

"so does that mean we're not getting back together?" brandon tried. he got his answer once she flipped him off and walked the opposite direction. her friends followed right behind her.

brandon had to think about what happened in order to understand the previous situation he had just experienced. his thought process was ruined though when his shoulder was bumped; and the person who did it was rushing past with a goofy grin smacked upon his face.

brandon was about to call out the other for running into him without an apology, when he noticed the unknown male was meeting up with austin. austin was casually putting away a few things in his blue locker when it was slammed shut by the taller teen. brandon began to believe austin might be harmed by a possible bully, until he suddenly smiled up at the other. the two actually began to converse with absolute happiness, leading brandon to then think it was austin's friend. his mind was then changed again when seeing the taller male lean down and whisper something to austin, causing him to turn a shade of red before look down with a cheesy smile. now brandon guessed they were dating.

his suspicions were never answered as the bell had rung again signalling the next class. brandon groaned as he turned around to walk away to the next lecture he had.