fourteen

chapter fourteen:
and now this happens

letting out a sigh as he sat back down next to edwin, the small group smiled when seeing zion had rejoined them

letting out a sigh as he sat back down next to edwin, the small group smiled when seeing zion had rejoined them. they even cheered on when noticing brandon was only a few steps behind the taller, taking his own rightful seat in a lawn chair between nick and billie. even if the air surrounding them still felt uneasy, it was definitely lighter. they were all able to converse without having snarky comments or evil glares being thrown. of course with charlotte and a few of her friends still having a strong dislike for brandon, there were a few rising moments in the conversation, but there was never enough for someone to get up and leave again. being able to laugh and talk with a small group of people was enough for brandon to relax. he could finally be himself and not worry about his cocky reputation. and even if he did still wish austin joined them, it was nice.

"alright everyone! time to play spin the bottle" nick announced. some of the small group cheered while others groaned. when watching nick gulp down the rest of his beer, before placing the glass bottle down on the table in front of them, a few people stood from their spots.

"where's everyone going?" charlotte wondered with a crooked grin. she surely had one too many. one of her friends explained the game being too childish for their taste, then taking the chance to leave them behind. no one minded. it only left more room for the rest to play. zion shifted which made edwin move closer. that then allowed enough room for nick to sit next to him, and for brandon to take nick's spot.

"everyone ready now?" nick asked with a small wiggle of his eyebrows. the group shook their heads and gave hummed responses. and with a confirmed head shake himself, nick went to spin the bottle. but before he did, he stopped and looked at everyone. "does anyone want to go first?"

no responses.

"your game, you go first" zion proposed. everyone agreed. nick only smirked before spinning the bottle. and with it being moved with force, it took a few seconds before stopping. everyone sat on the edge of their seats wanting to know who it landed on. eyes trailed from the edge of the bottle and towards the person. shock expressions were plastered when seeing it landed on izzy. edwin's ex and neviah's current girlfriend.

"maybe if i jus-" nick went to spin again when his hand was slapped away by brandon.

"never underestimate the bottle."

nick released a deep breath, then getting up and taking a few steps to be in front of the short blonde girl. she too seemed unsure by the sudden kiss. but with a small smile, the two gave each other a quick peck on the lips. laughs were presented by the others when the two gagged and wiped at their mouths.

"alright, my turn" izzy perks. it went by quick, landing on neviah. the two had to be separated in order for the game to continue.

their game went on just like that for a few more rounds. billie shoved her tongue down maggie's throat, getting hollers from the guys; edwin almost vomited when he had to kiss charlotte; brandon was cheered on when he was forced to make out with zion (which was awkward because of their previous conversation); and nick hated how he kept landing on izzy. neviah didn't appreciate it either and completely pulled her from the game.