sixteen

chapter sixteen:
and now this happens

throwing himself down onto austin's bed, brandon let out a deep sigh

throwing himself down onto austin's bed, brandon let out a deep sigh. he snuggled his face deep into the soft pillows, closing his eyes to savour how comfortable he really felt. if he really wanted to, he probably could have fallen asleep. but flipping onto his back he averted his eyes towards his supposed boyfriend. austin had his eyes trained on his phone, occasionally swiping the few hairs that fell into his face away. the small action was enough to remind brandon how attractive austin really was. but austin was also more than just his looks. he was rather smart and creative. brandon could go on, but when realizing he was sinking further into the trap of who he could call austin porter, he rubbed at his face in frustration.

maybe it's because they have to pretend to love each other that he's getting his real feelings mixed in? brandon couldn't tell. what he does know is that he actually prefers to be in austin's presence than anyone else's.

"did you plan on going home to change?" austin's voice rang throughout the bedroom. brandon sat up, tilting his head a little. "you know, for swimming? if not i have an extra pair of shorts you could borrow."

brandon nodded.

"could i just borrow? going home and then coming back seems a little too extra" he replied while moving to the edge of the bed. he noticed his feet barely touched the floor.

"too extra? you radiate extra brandon. let me remind you, you and i are pretending to date because you want maggie to notice you in a positive way" austin chuckles. he opened his brown dresser drawers, searching through all of his bottoms. when he couldn't find anything he went to his closet. looking through a few boxes that sat in the corner, he finally found a green and blue pair of swimming shorts. "blue or green?"

"green."

austin threw the shorts over his shoulder hoping they made it in the hands of brandon. he cleaned the now ruined closet before turning around.

"they might be a little tight seeing as we have different body types" austin spoke. brandon looked at him with a raised eyebrow.

"are you calling me fat?"

austin immediately allowed his eyes to widen and protest.

"oh no, no. i didn't mean it like that. i'm just a lot taller and my figure is more of a bo-" brandon gave a giggle. austin's face dropped. he should have known brandon was only teasing.

"i'm kidding."

-

the four friends entered the large room that consisted of a swimming pool and a round hot tub. surprisingly there wasn't too many people attending with them. maybe only a few families and a swim class for older adults. and when noticing the lack of people on a saturday afternoon, they eagerly went over to the more shallow end of the pool. austin and zion were the first ones in. austin entered more normally while zion decided to jump in causing a splash. next was billie. she tied her grey hair up in a ponytail, before removing her shirt and shorts. her body complemented a black bikini. zion licked his lips when observing her form.