thirteen

chapter thirteen:
because every high school book has a party scene

chapter thirteen:because every high school book has a party scene

the night air was warm, but the breeze behind it was cold. brandon shook out his dark brown hair, pushing his glasses further up his nose, before finally shoving his hands inside his jacket pockets. he kept his head low as he walked up the porch steps that belonged to nick and his family. muffled music was heard from where he was; along with other loud screams and shouts from the many people who had shown up. if brandon didn't know any better he would have assumed the entire school had gathered there at the mara household. brandon was about to open the front door and allow himself in when it flew open for him. out stumbling from the door was two females clearly in a drunken state; them giggling and stumbling as they walked. brandon watched the two laugh their way over towards a couple making out on the lawn, and falling on top of them. brandon shook his head in disappointment as he finally stepped inside the house. he will admit he has gotten drunk before. but never has he gotten so wasted where he doesn't remember what he did the night before. it was mostly a few shots here and there, and maybe a few cups of whatever alcohol they mixed in with the punch.

he would say the craziest thing he has ever done while under the influence of alcohol, is text his mother he was going to get a tattoo of will smith on his butt. but the people around him, he knows have gotten familiar with the law for how stupid they could be.

the dark brunette looks around the darken house, his only source of light being the blue and purple strobe lights shining down on everybody. he was hoping to find billie in the large group of people he was surrounded by, but couldn't see her anywhere. and with already feeling dizzy from the intoxicating fumes invading his senses, brandon squeezed his way from between two large jocks and into the kitchen. thankfully not many people were in the cooking area, giving him space to breathe. brandon thought it was best to text or even call billie in hopes of finding her, when he was stopped from hearing his name being spoken. he looked up from his phone to see who called out. he rolled his eyes when seeing it was charlotte.

she smiled devilishly as she approached.

"didn't your fake boyfriend want to come?" she spoke freely. brandon allowed his eyes widen as he watched her. he must have heard her wrong.

"what did you just say?"

"i said didn't your boyfriend want to come?" she said again. this time she stared at him innocently. and when seeing she had him fooled, she only grinned again. she had him right where she needed him.

"parties aren't his thing" just thinking back to begging austin to come along made brandon frown. but then he smiled the tiniest when thinking back to their intense kiss. "where's your girlfriend maggie? didn't want to come?"

it was clear brandon was only teasing her. the two females never leave each other's side. it was kind of concerning. if brandon didn't know any better charlotte is only torturing him because she wants maggie all to herself. and so far she was succeeding. brandon doesn't see much of maggie any more. and when he does, she's right beside charlotte.