eleven

chapter eleven:
i don't know

brandon groaned before throwing his head down on the text book before him

brandon groaned before throwing his head down on the text book before him. all of the information he had to read before his next class wasn't transferring. he would read the many words only for them to be completely erased from memory; and he would have to re-read. brandon was growing frustrated from his lack of attention. he had a test soon, and it will be based off of everything he was supposed to have read during the week. except brandon never did his studying, and he was trying to remember all of it in only a short amount of time. and considering it was lunch, the many voices laughing and chatting throughout the large room only kept him distracted.

"you should probably take a break and eat something" austin suggested. he pushed his tray of food towards brandon, hoping he would at least grab a chip. the younger only shook his head with.

"i can't. if i stop, then i'll never get this done" brandon ranted. he pulled at his dark locks, training his eyes on the pages. austin rolled his own. the two of them never agreed. "aren't you supposed to be helping me anyway!?"

"you should have studied when you were supposed to" the witty remark came from zion. he wasn't looking at the couple but instead scrolling through his phone. his head was in his hand as he clearly shown boredom. brandon stopped his reading to glare at the older. he even went the length to push zion's arm so his head fell unexpectedly. luckily he caught himself in time, shooting an evil look at the other.

"could you two quit it?" austin sighed. he never understood why they argued. all he knows is zion starts it, and brandon has too much pride to not retaliate. their fights were exhausting.

"once he learns how to shut up once in a while, sure" brandon spits. zion leaned across the table, forcing their faces to be close.

"i can't stand you. you're no good for austin, and you never will be."

zion then slammed his hand down as he removed himself from the table. and as he was walking away he bumped into edwin. the smaller stumbled on his feet, scoffing at the impact. zion only pushed him aside, continuing his journey out. it was as if the cafeteria had gone silent. everyone was intrigued by the sudden outburst from someone who is usually calm and collected. one female was particularly interested. austin even watched his best friend leave in shock. never had he seen zion so worked up. edwin looked from zion to the small table in confusion. brandon on the other hand was stuck in place. his face drained of color as he continued to stare at the space where zion used to be. he doesn't know why the taller hates him so much, but he would surely like to know why.

"brandon..." austin went to touch his shoulder, but the younger flinched away before quickly looking at him. he seemed to have developed tears in his eyes. he had a blank look.

"he's right. i'm sorry" brandon didn't care about austin's contradictions and packed his belongings. "i-i...i gotta go."

he then threw his bag over his shoulder, quickly escaping the room. austin called out for him, but not once did brandon turn around. austin grabbed a fist of his hair, tugging it slightly before slamming his own hands down. it stung but he didn't care.