three

chapter three:
new boyfriend?

when seeing the group of angered females walk away, brandon removed himself from beside austin and let out a large sigh

when seeing the group of angered females walk away, brandon removed himself from beside austin and let out a large sigh. austin on the other hand twisted his face up in distaste, as he observed the younger practically celebrating for lying. he was used unexpectedly for a purpose he didn't even know about. and considering it involved brandon and a hurd of distressed girls, the problem was obviously a negative one. austin knew he should have just kept to himself and let brandon handle the situation on his own; he knew he could have pushed brandon away when they kissed; and he knew he could have said no to the scenario of them dating for several months. but he didn't. he stayed the cowardly shy kid and allowed brandon to make the moves.

"hey, thanks for playing along and everything" brandon finally says to him. he had a bright smile on his face austin could only read as genuine. it made him look like a normal teenager and not some playboy who purposely was a nuisance to everyone. and yet here austin was, completely at a lost for words. he never knew why he could talk to his best friend zion with ease but no one else.

"uh, y-yeah. no problem" he weakly grinned in return. brandon raised a brow at his awkwardness. austin was beginning to intrigue him. everyone he knew wasn't as secluded as austin, and brandon wanted to know why he was so quiet. "i h-have to go now" the older finished as he slammed his locker closed before lowering his head and beginning to swiftly walk the other way. brandon let his eyes go big then trailed after him.

he can't let austin go that easily. they now have a reputation to withhold. for all the both of them know, charlotte and the rest of the girls already told the entire school about the two dating. and in order for such lie not to blow up in his face, the two needed to pretend they really do have a relationship. for brandon faking feelings was easy; but he couldn't say the same for austin.

"hey! wait!" brandon caught hold of his wrist, stopping austin from stepping any further. austin snatched his hand away. he was thinking that this was his chance to leave brandon behind and go back to being the student no one cares about. but with an emotion of determination spread out all over brandon's figure, it was clear he wasn't allowed to do so. "i need you to do one last favor for me."

"i don't know..." austin scratched the back of his neck while now staring down at his drawn on sneakers.

"it's not even a bad favor, i promise. i mean you have the chance to date me, the best-looking guy you've ever seen" brandon stated with pride. austin instantly looked at him again, furrowing his eyebrows in disbelief.

brandon was a complete narcissist.

and when understanding the dark brunette standing in front of him wasn't joking, austin snickered. brandon frowned at the laugh.

"what?"

austin continued to smile as he ran a hand through his hair. he couldn't explain where he suddenly got a ball full of confidence from, but he for sure wasn't complaining.