ten

chapter ten:
this is the next chapter

billie shook out her now wet hair with a towel, then throwing it over her shoulders as she walked into the main room

billie shook out her now wet hair with a towel, then throwing it over her shoulders as she walked into the main room. she set herself down at the end of the couch, back against the arm rest while her legs were placed on top of zion's lap. he of course looked at her with a raised brow, scoffing as he pushed her feet off. billie clearly didn't care about his discomfort and put her legs back into their position. zion glared at her, which she smiled cheekily to in return. it took a few moments of the two staring at each other with challenging glances before zion finally gave him. she silently cheered to herself as she got comfortable; zion rolling his eyes as he rested his hands against her legs. he acted as if he was too scared to touch her and occasionally moved his arms around as if trying to keep busy.

zion didn't really know billie, but he could already tell they wouldn't be seeing eye very often. billie could say the same. she only knew him as the tall kid in her math class. they've never spoken until recently; and it was clear as day the two of them had different opinions. but those opinions did have many similarities.

"i heard nick is throwing a get together at his place tomorrow. y'all going?" billie wondered as she picked at her already chipped nail polish. the boys looked at her.

"yes!"

"no."

brandon whipped his head to the side of him where austin sat. the oldest was simply plopping purple grapes into his mouth. the action was stopped though when seeing brandon's curious eye. they were two different people and austin doesn't believe he'll be changing because of brandon.

"why not?" brandon pouted. austin shrugged as he chewed the food in his mouth. and with the look his supposed boyfriend kept staring at him with, swallowing the small food was rather difficult. "it'll be fun. you'll have fun. and remember what you said about attending to each other's events."

"it's not your event though. it's nick's" austin pointed out. brandon rolled his eyes as he slouched in his position that was currently pressed into austin's side. he was obviously upset from the older's answer.

austin wasn't going and it was final.

"it's hard for me to say this, but you should go" the voice of edwin spoke slowly. he removed his attention from his phone to place it on the couple across from him. his face was expressionless, everyone else in the room surprised by his words. edwin never invited people to the same party he would be attending unless it benefited him. and no one believes having austin porter at a party was beneficial. except for brandon that is. the two being seen together was better publicity.

"okay, but how hard was that for you?" zion snickered. edwin looked at the taller beside him and clicked his tongue.

"do you always have such a smart mouth?"