eighteen

chapter eighteen:
took me long enough

brandon poked at the loose vegetables that were scattered on his plate, eyes trained on nothing in particular

brandon poked at the loose vegetables that were scattered on his plate, eyes trained on nothing in particular. he was unusually quite, head in his hand while he listened to his family chat about the events they experienced throughout the day. they talked about the positive things while all brandon could think about was the negative. he only thought about austin. and he hates to say it, but he cried over austin. when the dark brunette thought about it, it's crazy. he shouldn't be so upset over someone he only a met a week ago. and he believes if the older wasn't standing in the hallway the day he was being mobbed, then the two of them wouldn't have ever talked. he's brandon arreaga; play boy who only breaks young girl's hearts. and the other was austin porter; art loser who he wouldn't be caught seen with because it might lower his status. but now when brandon thinks about it, he's only become more admired by his fellow students ever since the announcement of them two dating had spread.

and now the rumour of the two splitting has probably spread too. it's not much of a rumour though if it's true in some sense. brandon knows there are going to be multiple assumptions as to why; assumptions and questions he doesn't want to answer. at the moment he just wants to curl up into a ball and hide away. he never meant to lie to austin, but he knows the older wouldn't have agreed if he had known the whole truth.

brandon rolled his eyes with a scoff. him dropping his fork down on his plate, creating a loud clashing noise disrupted the once peaceful air. everyone put their eyes on him, their wonder and worried emotions clinging on to him. they shouldn't feel sorry for him though. he's the one who messed up. and he's the one who needs to fix things.

"excuse me" he cleared his throat. while he was standing from his seat, his mother started to question where he was going. brandon never answered her as he dashed towards the front door, grabbing his keys from a nearby decorative bowl and leaving. he slammed the door behind him, startling his family. he never told them about austin, which honestly gives them the right to be confused.

-

brandon focused his attention on the road, fingers tapping anxiously on the steering wheel as he hoped to find a parking spot. he hadn't expected so many people to actually show up to a high school art show, but he surely was wrong. he had to park the farthest from the park. he was nervous but honestly excited as he jogged his way past other cars and closer to the playground where only so little children played. it was going on six thirty so he understood. there were a group of people swarming the nearby grassy field where a display of art had been set up. to present the event, a yellow banner hung up high to announce it. taking a deep breath and shaking his hair out, brandon walked behind a couple who too came for the art.

looking around the dark brunette was in awe. he never really knew how beautiful the paintings and sculptures around him could really be until now. and he would have stayed to look at each individual piece if he wasn't there for a certain reason. or more so certain person. he removed his view from a self portrait, quickly turning around to run into someone. he immediately started to apologize, but stopped when hearing a familiar voice throw out curses.