twenty one

chapter twenty one:
yeah, at this point i'm lost

the bus tires came to a screeching hault, causing most of the students who aimlessly chatted to lurch forward

the bus tires came to a screeching hault, causing most of the students who aimlessly chatted to lurch forward. others who weren't complaining from the unexpected stop decided to peak out the small tinted windows, and see why they were no longer moving. brandon was one of the few to turn his head and curiously glance out the glass barrier. his already neutral expression didn't even twitch as he observed his surroundings. grass, trees, abnormally large rocks, and a large lake that glistened because of the sun shining down on it effortlessly.

they were finally at the camp site, and the dark brunette already wanted to go home.

at the mention of arriving at their destination (by one of the many teachers who joined the senior trip), students erupted into small chatter and cheers. excitement radiated throughout the bus, and yet here brandon was moping quietly. he couldn't exactly pin point the reasoning behind why he was always in such a depressing mood. he had what he wanted. it's why he basically forced someone who was once a stranger to fake a relationship with him. he should be ecstaticed.

but instead he was the complete opposite.

"alright, everyone gather your things and safely exit the bus before meeting up with mr. cowell and our camp councilors" a feminine voice rang throughout the enclosed space. all teenage mouths moved faster as words of happiness escaped them with all of the activities they planned to do. brandon only rolled his eyes as he released a deep breath.

he shifted his attention to the seat beside him where billie sat. or where she slept. she was slightly slouched, head craned to the side, and mouth opened the tiniest as soft snores escaped. her silver hair fell loosely all over her face, getting stuck in the small amounts of saliva that managed to slip past the corner of her lips. brandon chuckled at the sight. he never knew she could be such a sloppy sleeper.

nonetheless he shook her awake while chanting her name every few seconds. and it wasn't until he pulled her ear did she finally groan and swat his tan hand away from her head. her mesmerizing blue eyes lazily opened, magenta lips being wiped with a part of her sleeve.

"what?" she dragged while sitting up frrom her former position. brandon cracked a smile while observing over her nest of hair.

"we're here. you need to wake up" he spoke while running his hands through her hair in hopes of fixing it just a little. billie only whined while once again removing the brunette's fingers away. "you look like you were attacked by a bear. just let me..."

"no, stop."

brandon obeyed as he watched her pull a black hair tie from off her wrist and wave it in front of him. she then used it to pull her silver locks into a lame attempt at a ponytail. there were bumps and loose hairs everywhere, but at least it wasn't sticking up in random places.