seventeen

chapter seventeen:
and so now here is this disaster

austin bumped shoulders with multiple students, only wanting to exit the large building

austin bumped shoulders with multiple students, only wanting to exit the large building. occasionally he would get insults thrown at him, but the brunette was already used to harsh words and only brushed them off. he didn't even blink an eye in the direction of the others. his natural frown aligned his face, hands tucked in his sweatshirt pockets, a steady pace guiding his way out. and when finally stepping foot out of the school building, the spring air swept across his face, giving him some sort of relief. the entire day he's been stressed; fumbling over his words and stumbling over his own two feet. he was an embarrassment to himself and the day proved that for him. he believed it was nerves. his nerves for the art show later that afternoon; and not one but a few of his original pieces would be presented for everyone to see. he didn't want people to bash on the one talent he will proudly admit to.

releasing a deep breath, austin made his way to brandon's normal parking spot. austin usually waited for brandon, the younger always finding a way to be late. but as the brunette had gotten closer to the familiar slick car, brandon was already there. he was actually already there with zion. the two seemed to be in a heated conversation, most of the aggravated talking coming from brandon. austin shook his head at the scene, a small snicker even escaping. he understands the two would never get along and that it's only going to get more difficult the more brandon and him continued their scandal.

austin was only a few steps away from the pair, their once muffled voices getting clearer. and just as he was about to intervene and stop them from clawing at each other's throats, brandon shouted something austin never would have guessed. it took austin by surprise and even hurt him a little. no, it hurt him a lot.

"y-you like him?"

the two immediately faced austin, looks of surprise taking over them.

"austin i promise you-" brandon wasn't able to get too far when the oldest cut him off.

"answer my damn question!" the two jumped in their spot. austin never was one to shout or get angry; but what he just heard gave him the right to.

"yes" zion was the one to confess quietly. his eyes dropped to the concrete beneath him. "and i know you like me" he looked back up at his best friend. zion was in shock from how upset austin really looked. "austin i'm sorry. but listen, nothing is-

"you told him i liked him didn't you?" austin then asked while switching his view on to brandon. the younger bit the inside of his cheek before then slowly nodding his head. he stepped forth so they were in front of each other. brandon grabbed hold of his hands, giving them a reassuring squeeze.

"there is nothing between us though! i was telling him to move on" brandon tried to explain. austin obviously wasn't listening. he snatched his hands back, then creating distance between them.