twelve

chapter twelve:
pre-high school party chapter

brandon tugged at austin's arm, whining and complaining as he did so

brandon tugged at austin's arm, whining and complaining as he did so. austin thought nothing of his presence and only continued to lay comfortably in his bed as he glued his eyes towards the television. brandon was honestly beginning to feel frustrated. he stomped his foot down and released austin to cross his arms. he knows the older clearly stated he was not going to the party being held tonight, but that wasn't stopping brandon from trying again. it was going on eight o'clock and nick's party had only begun a few minutes ago. brandon didn't mind being late. he usually was. but those times was because he chose to show his face when the party was in full swing. now he was going to be tardy because he's trying to bribe his fake boyfriend one last time.

it wasn't going so well.

"come on austin! please!?"

austin shook his head. brandon sighed as he sat on the edge of the bed. he was trying to think of different reasons on why he should go. he was coming up blank. austin didn't have to go if he didn't want to. brandon only wished he would finally give in and just go with him. but from the looks of it, brandon was flying solo for the night. or that is until he finds someone at the party that could entertain him. he doubts it though. billie never established if she was going; edwin and nick weren't necessarily friends with him; and by the looks of it zion much rather jump off a cliff than see his face. he doesn't know anyone else as he never tried to make friends. if he was lucky he would see maggie there. but then again charlotte would be right behind her; the two of them being attached to the hip lately. brandon really didn't want to face charlotte.

"brandon you don't need me there to have fun. hell, you did it before we even started this stupid stunt!" austin blurts while flipping the channel. the younger groaned at his words.

"you going is for the stunt! if maggie sees us there together, she'll wonder if i'll cheat. and when proving i won't, it'll higher my chances."

austin wanted to tell him how stupid be sounded. instead he chuckled and sat up. he leant up against his head board, motioning for brandon to come closer. the younger continued to pout while he went to sit beside austin. the older wrapped an arm around his shoulders and brandon melted in his hold.

"if it makes you feel any better, tomorrow you can come with me to work and i'll make you any ice cream sundae you want?" austin suggested. brandon removed himself from beside him and scolded.

"i don't want a damn sundae!" his anger quickly shifted into innocence. "austin please just come with me to this one party. after that i won't ask you for anything else" austin scoffed at his words. brandon sat himself on austin's lap, grabbing hold of his cheeks and squishing them together. "i'm begging you at this point."

austin pushed his hands away.

"why even go to the party? you could stay here and we can binge watch disney movies" austin smiled. brandon wasn't finding any of this funny.

"i've never missed a party. if i do now, people will begin to question."

"question what? how much you can drink?" austin chuckled. brandon slapped his chest, then right after rubbing the area and smoothing out the fabric that covered it. brandon trained his eye on tracing the design that aligned austin's shirt, mumbling different and useless points on why he should go too.

to break their small bickering, brandon's cell phone had rung. the younger pulled it from his pocket to see it was billie. for only knowing each other for such little time, brandon could definitely call her his best friend. they had a lot more classes together than he expected; giving them the chance to talk about anything and everything. and once they got each other's phone numbers, it was non-stop calls and texts. she was the only other person he felt comfortable around.

this time she called he didn't answer. he returned his soft and defeated stare towards austin. but then brandon got a message from the grey haired girl explaining she was on her way to the party. brandon sighed.

"i gotta go" brandon left a quick peck against austin's lips. before he was able to move though, austin gripped his waist to keep him in place. brandon looked at him with slight surprise. austin never was the one to be bold with their touches. even if they have been dating for a few days.

"have fun, okay?"

brandon nodded before leaning in to give him another kiss. and he doesn't know who initiated for things to escalate, but brandon wasn't complaining. he cupped austin's face in his hands, while the older pulled him closer. a small moan on brandon's part is what made the younger break them apart. his cheeks tinted red as he scurried his way off of austin's lap. the older smirked, watching as brandon fixed his appearance. quick farewells were the last words spoken before brandon rushed out of the bedroom. austin chuckled to himself. he even gave a short laugh when hearing brandon and his mother have a short conversation downstairs.

brandon stuttered most of the time. it was as if he never spoke to an adult before. and with brandon's reputation, austin believed it. with how the younger only used all of those females for sexual pleasure, he never stays long enough to meet the parents. it was kind of sickening. he truly was a heart breaker. austin doesn't even know why he agreed to helping him. he could have told zion his feelings all on his own. he didn't really need a jealousy plan.

austin slumped back in his bed. he put his eyes on the tv, but he wasn't watching it.