six

chapter six:
the beginning to a new relationship

brandon put his car in park, then after turning the ignition off all together

brandon put his car in park, then after turning the ignition off all together. he reached in the back seat for his school bag, holding it in his lap. he then looked at the figure sitting next to him, letting out a large breath. he's apparently been holding it in for most of the ride knowing what was about to happen. brandon fixed the glasses on his face as he focused his view out his window. his hands lightly shook in their spot. everyone in school was going to be looking at them. they were going to start whispering about them. the thought of being judged increased brandon's breathing. he felt a hand grab his, giving it a light squeeze. the dark brunette looked at the person he knew as austin. he too looked nervous. he was about to be shown off to the entire school. he was fine with being a nobody. there was no one to constantly criticize him because he wore the wrong outfit on the wrong day.

"you ready?" austin was the first to speak in the quiet car. brandon faced him with a frown. of course he wasn't ready. he had no idea what charlotte said about the two. he doesn't even know if charlotte announced the news of two dating. either way he was about to walk into a school building with a guy he only started talking to yesterday.

"is it okay to say no?" brandon replies quietly. austin snickered with a nod.

"yeah, i'm the last person to judge you" the older released his hand from brandon's, all comfort leaving as well. "let's go. get this day over with."

they looked at each other one last time before exiting the vehicle. and once brandon was out in the open his anxiety raised even further. even if no one was looking at them, the feeling of all attention ate away at him. he quickly rushed to austin's side, standing behind him and gripping onto the back of his shirt. of course the older was confused by the action, as he was supposed to be the shy one. he smiled at how the roles were reversed.

"you'll be fine. what happened to confident, irritating brandon?" austin joked. brandon slapped him in the arm before standing straight and sucking in a deep breath.

"he's still here" they got closer to the school. brandon now clawed at austin's arm. "he is just currently hiding out" they walked up the concrete steps towards the large brown doors. austin playfully rolled his eyes at the younger. but once he pushed the doors open to enter the large building, austin froze in his spot. brandon scoffed. "and you were laughing at me."

brandon quickly tugged austin down the long halls, trying his hardest to discard the many looks they were receiving. they even had to pass by charlotte and maggie who were pressed against lockers talking. brandon ducked his head low hoping neither one would see him. sadly the pair didn't get far before charlotte was calling out his name.

"hey brandon!" the teen with glasses cursed under his breath, faking a smile as he dropped his grip on austin to turn around. his jaw then clenched when seeing charlotte smile devilishly at him.

"charlotte" he looked at maggie with a soft grin. "hey maggie."

she returned his look, only giving a wave back.

"so i might have told the whole school you were now dating a nerd" charlotte then blurts. brandon clicked his tongue in annoyance.

"i actually prefer the term geek" austin finally perked. he stood beside brandon, even going the extra mile to wrap an arm around his shoulders.

"either way you're still a loser" a new voice was then heard. all heads turned to see edwin standing before them with crossed arms and a raised brow. austin stepped back. brandon furrowing his eyebrows at the transaction, took a step forward.

"what do you want honoret?" brandon narrowed his eyes.

"oh nothing. i just came to see if the rumour is true" he spoke with an innocent smile. brandon never really did like edwin and his constant i rule all attitude.

"the rumour of these two dating is completely true" charlotte confirmed. brandon looked at her with irritation.

"sadly" another person stated. this time austin smiled at the sight. he removed himself from brandon and quickly brought his best friend into a bro hug. "i still don't accept you two being together" zion said to austin. he even gave a glare towards brandon. the younger only flipped him off.

"get used to it buddy."

"wait, so the loser of this school is friends with the school pothead?" edwin smiled. "oh this is just great!"

zion smacked him upside his head. edwin clutched the now sensitive area, sending an evil look towards the taller.

"and you're a bitch."

"who the fuck do you think you are?" edwin pushed him slightly in the chest, zion only stumbling at the impact. he quickly redeemed himself though and brought his face close to edwin's.

"apparently the school's pothead sweetheart" he licked his lips before standing straight once more, and removing his attention from the other.

"you deserved that ed" one last person said with a chuckle. everyone now looked to see it was golden boy nick. he presented his dazzling smile when taking his rightful place beside edwin. and all edwin did was turn his head out of embarrassment.

"whatever" he mumbled.

"well i'm glad everyone finally got their answer, so if you'll excuse us..." brandon grabbed hold of austin's hand, pulling him closer.

"austin and i always go to first class together!" zion glared and grabbing hold of austin's other hand. brandon became frustrated.

"not today. take someone else" he replied and grabbing hold of the oldest by the waist. his secure hold on austin made zion drop his grip. and when seeing he won, he tightened his arms around his supposed boyfriend with a smile.

"sorry z, maybe tomorrow?" austin asked with sympathy. zion waved him off with a frown. austin continued to pout while brandon pulled him along. zion watched them go with an angry stare.

"aw, looks like brandon stole your man" edwin joked. zion flipped him off before walking away in the opposite direction.

"not cool ed" nick said as he nudged edwin in his arm. the teen with colored hair only rolled his eyes before the two walked away as well.

charlotte on the other hand smirked as she looked at maggie.

"and now i know exactly how to prove their relationship is fake" she said lowly, maggie staring at her in confusion.