eight

chapter eight:
and now a lunch scene

brandon gathered his few belongings, rushing to leave the classroom he was currently in

brandon gathered his few belongings, rushing to leave the classroom he was currently in. it was now lunch and all he could think about was getting to austin. in order to keep up their respected acts as boyfriends, it was only natural if the two were seen together cuddled up at a table. plus he was still a little upset from how they left off in the hallway. he knows he shouldn't have pressed for austin to reveal how he felt, but that's just who brandon was. he was really a large softy who wanted to be there for the older. especially when austin looked to be having a panic attack in the middle of the hallway. and when understanding he only really wanted zion, stung. they were supposed to attend to each other's needs. a rule austin said himself. brandon believes helping one another through mental problems was a need.

having to seeing austin made brandon pick up his pace. he squeezed past the other students, only apologizing to the people who cursed at him. he even almost tripped over his feet a few times. but once he approached the large cafeteria, brandon sighed. he shook out his curly hair while looking around the room. when there were over one hundred students all moving around the same space, it was quite hard to spot the person he wanted. brandon moved around the many tables, occasionally looking at the people sitting at them; hoping austin was one of them.

at this point brandon would be happy to see zion's face.

after many long minutes of searching for who he could call his boyfriend, brandon spotted him in the back near a window. the young teen smiled bright as he walked over. he didn't bother announcing his arrival when dropping himself next to austin; it causing the oldest to be surprised and choke on the water he was taking down. brandon took alert to his lack of air and patted his back. austin's attack calmed, him only letting out small coughs now. he removed his vision from his school lunch and towards brandon.

"what are you doing here?" austin questions slowly. he even removed his view from brandon and towards the table where the dark brunette would usually sit. it was in the middle of the cafeteria, a sky-light shining down on whoever sat there perfectly. if you were considered higher class, it was the only spot for you to sit in. of course austin has never been in such seating, and honestly rather not be.

"yeah, what are you doing here?" the voice of zion then asked. he placed his own tray of food down, taking a seat in front of the pair. brandon rolled his eyes.

"i can't sit with my boyfriend?" austin furrowed his eyebrows. he didn't expect for brandon to even speak to him after their little argument in the hallway. zion gagged before throwing a chip into his mouth and turning his attention towards his phone.

"i-i mean—don't you want to sit at your usual table?"

brandon shook his head with a grin.

"nah" he absent-mindedly scooted closer to austin, he too taking out his phone and scrolling through it. austin wasn't able to process the entire scenario that had happened. were him and brandon okay now, or was he just being nice for their act?

but the moment seemed too good to be true. a shriek was heard, causing all heads to turn towards the problem. it was charlotte. she stood with a horrified expression, anger quickly replacing it. her shirt was covered with a red liquid, some of it also on her face and in her newly bleached blonde hair.

"you bitch!"

she was yelling at another female who calmly stood in front of her; a now opened fruit punch can in her grasp. some of the juice dripped from her pale hand and onto the already dirty floor. brandon and austin knew her. it was the billie girl from their art class. she transferred to their school only a few days ago. she was usually quiet and sat in the back alone. at her arrival austin was personally intrigued by her. her clothes were baggy and no make up aligned her already glowing features. she wasn't like the other females at their school.

it was refreshing.

"i don't know why you're mad, red is obviously your color" billie chuckled. she threw the can into the nearby trash, not daring to look back at charlotte. she instead walked over towards the table where austin sat. whispers followed her every move, some even going on about charlotte. and all the blonde female did was get up and leave the cafeteria. maggie laughed at charlotte, hiding her smile when the other called her name.

billie smirked as she sat herself next to zion. she stole one of his chips, the tan male raising a brow before snatching his chip bag back.

"dude, get your own!" zion whined. billie snickered as she then placed her eyes on the pair staring at her. she gave a smile.

"you two are in my art class."

they nodded.

"i'm your partner for the project" brandon then said. billie confirmed the statement. "that was cool though. no one ever has the guts to stand up to charlotte. except for me that is."

austin nudged him in the side with a short laugh.

"who are you fooling? you're scared of her too."

brandon pouted, crossing his arms as he looked away from the older. austin cooed at the sight of him, wrapping an arm around his shoulders. the younger continued to sulk though. he even removed austin's arm. zion rolled his eyes. seeing the two together made him want to throw up. he believed it wasn't fair.

"she didn't need to know that" brandon mumbles.

"okay, okay. i'm sorry" austin chuckled. the younger snapped his head at the other, narrowing his eyes.

"you are not!"

austin tried to remove the smile tugging at lips and convince brandon otherwise. the younger himself grinned a little. billie smiled at the sight of the two.

"that's right! you two are dating" both boys looked at her, a small coat of blushing rising on their faces. brandon of course had to go the extra mile and wrap his arms around austin, even leaving a peck against his cheek. austin had gotten quiet.

"yeah, we are" brandon's tone was soft. he observed austin's features, the older too looking back at him. the dark brunette then gave him a kiss on the lips. gagging sounds were heard in the distance.

"i think i'm going to be sick" zion says. he covered his mouth with his hand. billie raised an eyebrow at him; watching as he stared almost angrily at the pair. more so at austin.

-

i updated the cast with two more people.

-nevaeh