Question 9

*mature content is present in this chapter; viewer discretion is advised

-

I'm Here
-

Getting out of bed on the weekend had never been Felix's strong suit, but he's never been more awake after the realization that he wasn't in his own bed.

But all of his panic vanished the moment he realized he was in Changbin's bed. Stepping over the papers still strewn across the floor from last night, he walked into the hallway. Immediately being hit by the smell of bacon, Felix ran down the stairs.

Stumbling into the kitchen, he was happy to see Changbin standing over a pan on the stove. Felix smiled, sitting on chair at the dining table. Changbin turned around, grinning at Felix. "Good morning, sleeping beauty."

"Shut up." Felix rolled his eyes, laughing as he ran his fingers through his hair in hopes that would tame it. Changbin flicked his forehead before laying the few pieces of bacon that were done on the plate sitting on the table.

Going back to the stove, Changbin picked up the fork he was using to make the bacon and pointed it at Felix. "You really shouldn't be mean to someone with a fork. They could stab you."

Felix gasped, faking a face of fear, a raised his hands in surrender. "Oh, powerful one, please don't stab me!"

"I'll think about it." Changbin snickered, winking at Felix before going back to his task at hand. Felix rolled his eyes, grabbing a piece of bacon.

Twenty minutes later, they were back in Changbin's room, looking at the papers on the floor with complete misery. "Why did I have to be so busy sucking your face off last night when I could've been cleaning up this mess." Changbin muttered, giving a not-so-subtle glance towards Felix's way.

"Was my face not good enough for you to suck off?" Felix exclaimed, crossing his arms and furrowing his eyebrows. Changbin gave his shoulder a quick pat, and walked up to the textbooks on the floor. Felix gasped, actually offended, but helped cleaning up the papers nonetheless.

Once they tidied up their things and moved their study session to the living room coffee table, Felix looked at Changbin. "Was I really that bad?"

"What?" Changbin asked, the others sudden question making him abruptly stop writing the math equations he was preparing for Felix. Looking up a Felix's expectant glare, Changbin started laughing. "Oh! Felix, don't worry. You were good."

"Just good."

"Better than good."

"What's that supposed to mean?" Felix asked, slamming his pencil on the poor coffee table. Changbin sighed, rubbing his eyes. "You were amazing, Lix. Dare I say the best make out partner I ever had."

Felix smiled, clapping his hands as he wiggled in his spot from excitement. "Thank goodness! I can't be shitty kisser if I have game."

"Did you just say you have-" Changbin started the question, but Felix stood up and started down the hallway. "That's besides the point, Bin! I'm gonna be in the bathroom!"

"Alright!" He called, and begun to work on the math problems again.

Felix made it to the bathroom, and did what he had to do. While washing his hands, his eyes couldn't help but gaze at what looked like a shiny rectangle under a bag of face care products. Swiftly moving the bag as quietly as he could, Felix's eyes settled upon a thin piece of razor.

Giving a deep sigh and running his hand though his hair multiple times, he still felt like throwing up. This made him want to throw up more than getting kicked off dance.

After taking a moment to compose himself, Felix walked back into the living room. Sitting down in front of Changbin, he started to inspect him. He was trying to notice every detail of Changbin. When the boy finally noticed, he gave a soft laugh and muttered, "Jeez, take a picture. It'll last longer." 

When Felix didn't laugh at the joke, Changbin gave his full attention towards him. The seemingly serious boy gave a deep sigh, and leaned against the coffee table. He didn't know whether he should confront Changbin. Would the boy get mad? Would he be annoyed. Would he not talk to him ever again.

Deciding that Changbin was a mature person, he decided to tell him. "I-When I was washing my hands, I saw a razor blade on the counter."

Suddenly it was like they were both robbed of the ability to speak for a few minutes. Changbin had stop looking at Felix, now finding the paper he was writing on a hundred times more interesting than before. Felix had begun taping his fingers against the bottom of his foot, contemplating whether or not to say anything else before Changbin spoke.

"I, " Changbin began, and then began wiping his eyes. Keeping his hands close to his face, the boy tried to even out his breathing, ultimately failing.

Felix reached for the boys hands, rubbing his thumb over them comfortingly. Softly, Felix began to speak. "You don't have to tell me why, when, or how. I'm not going to force it out of you because I know you need to be able to tell me because you want to tell me. Hell, you don't even have to tell me. But I'm here if you feel like that's your only option."

Changbin sniffled, looking up at Felix for the first time since the razor blade was mentioned. Felix smiled at him sweetly, and continued. "If you need a shoulder to cry on, my shoulder is always available. If you need someone to bring you ice cream, I'll get a job just so I have the money to buy it for you. If you need a hug, my arms are always open. Changbin, if you need someone to confide in, I'm here. I'll always be here."

Changbin drew his hands away from the warm touch of Felix's, wiping his eyes and getting up from his spot across the table. He moved his short legs around to the other side and sat by Felix.

Wrapping his arms around the short boy, Felix rubbed Changbin's back as he cried into his shoulder. He kept whispering reassurances in the boys ears.

Moments later, Changbin had finally calmed his breathing and was now just laying his head against Felix's shoulder. "Thank you."

"You're welcome." Felix said, squeezing the boys hand. "You deserve love too."