Question 11

*mature content is present in this chapter; viewer discretion is advised

-

Court Adjourned
-

Changbin didn't know why, as if he ever does. He didn't know why he felt so good, bad, triumphant, but guilty. He was swallowing to many things at once, and most of them didn't feel too great.

The sheer thought of going to court was way too overwhelming. Probably more than it should be. Them second he remembered he had to go, his breathing would quicken, his hands would shake, and he felt everything would press on his shoulders with ten times more weight than it had before.

"You okay?" Changbin jumped, his hands immediately hiding in his hoodie pockets to conceal his anxiety from the upcoming person.

He didn't need to that, the person being his tall, freckled, friend. "Oh, uh, I'm fine. I'm fine"

The boy nodded, still not sure he was half capable of walking to the car without tripping over air. Watching Changbin carefully, he heavily sighed and scratched his head from stress.

"Changbin," he said, the short boy looking at him, nervous but still somewhat composed, "if you feel like you may cry, just let it out. Don't care if you look weak, or if people pity you. Don't think it'll make you look like you're doing it for show, or it'll sway votes. If you need to cry, cry. My shoulder and I will be there for you."

Changbin stared at him, a little bit in amazement and smiled, one the was full of gratitude and hope. "Thank you, Felix."

Felix smiled back, finally content that Changbin knew he would be there for him.

-

The court room was larger than expected, and Changbin was as close to throwing up as Felix was. The two had made pact to hold each others hair back if they needed it.

Felix was pleased Changbin was able to joke around like that. Like he normally would, instead of just nodding and looking away. He seemed ready to tell his side, make sure it never happened to him or anyone again.

Changbin was nervous, but he couldn't help the feeling of guilt. Hyunjin was a good guy, and he would be wasted talent rotting in a prison cell. Changbin knew how distraught his mother would be, how she would cry and blame herself for his behavior.

The thought of Hyunjin's mother madeh im realize why he felt guilty, especially when he saw Hyunjin walk in a stupidly bright salmon colored suit, and an evil smirk on his annoyingly handsome face.

He couldn't deny that salmon was a nice color on Hyunjin though. Felix couldn't either, but god forbid, they would not admit it out loud.

After swearing to not lie, court begun. Hyunjin was called up first to give his side of the story. It was vague and airy, a lot of grey area.

Felix was next, unable to describe the incident that led to court, but the days before and moments after it had happened. He explained how he was involved with both Hyunjin and Changbin, seemingly embarrassed having to tell the judge and jury about the agreement he and Changbin had made.

Seungmin, the person Hyunjin had just gotten out of a relationship with, was there. Seungmin had explained that few night before Hyunjin attacked, Hyunjin had told Seungmin about attacking Changbin, and possibly Felix. He had told Seungmin that even if Changbin was to fly solo, he would have still attacked Changbin.