Question 15

*mature content is present in this chapter; viewer discretion is advised

-

Troubled
-

Felix was tired. He moved like a zombie as he got out if his bed, stumbling over the laundry on his bedrooms floor. After putting on some clothes, he gathered all his laundry to bring it downstairs.

"Felix!" He heard that oh-so familiar voice, his almost good mood fading to one of annoyance and dull.

He rolled his eyes, walking up the stairs, yelling back with a voice to loud for six in the morning, "What?"

The younger boy walked out of the bathroom, the eyes that were similar to his dads looking up at him in frustration. "Do you know where all of the fucking toothpaste went?"

"There's more in the hall closet. And please, for the love of god and before mom hears you, watch your goddamn mouth, Oliver." Felix mumbled, rubbing his face in hopes to get the sleep out of his eyes.

After putting on his shoes and making sure Oliver got on the bus, he brushed his teeth and hair.

He stared at himself in the mirror. Not in a narcissistic way, but not in a self deprecating way either. It was kind of an inspecting way, trying to find what he was forgetting to do.

Felix stood there for a whole minute before his eyes finally wondered to his draw in the bathroom counter. He contemplated, then convinced himself a little eyeshadow and liner wouldn't hurt anything accept for a few egos.

Plus, no one else was home. None of his family would know.

He slid the small draw open, pulling out his makeup bag his family thought was skincare products. Opening his neutral colors, he started to layer different brown, tans, and oranges on his eye lid.

Then he heard the front door open, and out of the shear thought of some of his family founding out, he locked the bathroom door and turned off the light.

"Felix?" A deep voice, one that resembled his own, called. "I know you're here, your book bag is downstairs."

"Shit, shit, shit." Felix panicked, shoving his make up bag in his draw, closing it and turning on the bathroom light.

There was knock on the door, and Felix began to wipe off the art he put on his face. The deep voice called again, "Felix, are you in there? Are you not feeling well?"

"Dad! I'm fine!" Felix replied, breathing uneven. His eyes were become raw due to his excessive rubbing, and it was no use as the makeup wouldn't come off.

"Open up Felix." His dad said in the tone he'd use every time Felix messed up on his dance. The tone he'd use when he and and Felix's mother would argue and tell their kids it was their fault the house was a mess and all of their lives were shit.

It was the tone he'd use when talking about gay people.

He hated people like Felix.

"I'm on the toilet!" Felix said, laughing as he tried to sound like he was fine. Like he wasn't trying to wipe off one of the things that made him feel like himself. "If I could open the door I would."

"I see your feet's shadow, Felix. Open this fucking door or I'll break it down." The man said.

Felix heart stopped, and he was already tearing up as he move his shaking hand to the knob. Moving his fingers, he unlocked the door and twisted the knob to show his father his face.