Question 13

Just a Suggestion
-

Felix and Changbin were standing outside of the therapist office, both of them reluctant to go in, leaving them standing in the chilly January air.

A few minutes before their designated time to be there, they walked in. Felix stood behind Changbin as he signed in, making sure he didn't forget anything. After that, they made their way down the farthest hall to the left.

Four doors down to the right, they find Mr. Kim's office. They knocked on the door, hearing a muffled, "come in," from the other side.

Changbin slowly opened the door, smiling quickly at his psychiatrist. Mr. Kim had different colored hair today, a bright blue that matched well with his dark tan, Changbin noticed. Today Mr. Kim smiled back instead of having a monotonous face, like his first appointment.

"Hello Changbin! How has your day been so far?" He asked right off the bat, tone light and cheerful, like he was in a good mood. He was the type of person that adapted to people depending on their personality.

Changbin gave a little waved as he usually did, and answered the rather common question. "My day has been really nice so far, Mr.Kim. Lix brought me to a nice café just down the street."

"That sounds nice! Wish my boyfriend would even think about taking me somewhere." Mr.Kim snarled under his breath before waving his hand in a disregarding manner. "Anyways, call me Taehyung. Mr. Kim makes me want to barf."

Felix struggled to hold his laugh, but let it out when Taehyung and Changbin began to laugh also. Taehyung motioned his hand, and Felix watched Changbin walk over to a soft-looking, light grey couch.

Knowing stuff like this were supposed to be one on one, Felix stated, "I'll head out now."

Taehyung and Changbin looked at him, Changbin in discomfort, and Taehyung with a courteous smile on his face. "You can stay, Felix. Mr. Jeon, the detective for Changbin's case, said that it would do you good to have some therapy too."

"He did?" Felix asked, his tone more than confused. The psychologist nodded, a welcoming look in his eyes, matching the welcoming look of his pearly white smile.

"Yes, he did. Take a seat." Taehyung gestured to the couch Changbin was sitting at,The looks of the couch didn't let down either, as it was pretty soft.

Noticing how they subconsciously held hands, Felix gave Changbin's hand a light squeeze. He saw how Changbin's smile rose just a bit higher, his eyes finally starting to crease.

"So," Taehyung began, fixing some awkwardly placed papers on his desk before walking around and sitting in a grey chair that looked as soft as the couch. "How have you been feeling since last time? Any anxiety, bad thoughts?"

Bad thoughts were his way of saying thinking about self harm or suicide. Changbin was confused the first time he asked using those words. "I've been really paranoid, I guess. But anyone in my situation would."

Taehyung nodded, listening nodding as if to ask him to continue, which Changbin did. "I've barely been out of my room since the court case, only to go to school. I was surprised I was comfortable enough to go out to the café today."

"I understand," Taehyung said, before stretching out his hand and shaking it, "I mean, I understand how you would be paranoid and all. Not how you actually, deep down inside, feel."

Changbin nodded, face resembling a calming atmosphere. Like pristine blue waves crashing onto a beach, just enough to make it normal. The cool breeze that was just the right temperature. A tranquil place that was just perfect enough to be normal.

"I just," Changbin abruptly stopped, as if ready to say and explain something he hasn't coherently put together in his head. "I just feel bad. I don't know why. He ruined my life, he deserved his sentence. It's closing in on me, kind of?"

Nodding his head, Taehyung got up and grabbed his cup off his desk and over to his miniature fridge. "After every relationship, and I mean every relationship, you're going to feel guilty. The first time I broke up with one of my boyfriends, I felt like absolute, and excuse my language please, shit.

"Then I talked to him about it, wanting to make sure he was okay. He punched me in my face, gave me a black eye." Taehyung said, face curling up in a grimace, showing how much he hated the memory. "That's when my current boyfriend stepped in. He threw my ex on the floor and told him to leave me alone or he'd beat his, and excuse my language, ass."

"Where is this going?" Changbin asked, not uncomfortable or frustrated with the story, but just simply confused and curious. "And I didn't know you had multiple boyfriends."

Taehyung laughed, quickly winking at Felix before looking at Changbin with a pearly grin. "Not many people consider me having an ex boyfriend, especially with how well my current relationship is right now. Lots of people assume your first relationship with the same sex is happily ever after when its not."

Felix nodded, finally feeling a place to speak. "Minho dated handful of guys before he and Jisung started dating. It takes a lot to find what you like and what you don't and what you can deal with."

The psychiatrist pointed at Felix with a smirk adorning his face, "you are correct. My boyfriend buries himself in work, but he likes to get ahead. Then we'll play video games together. So, I found what I can deal with."

"I know what I can deal with though. I just got to find a guy. Or a girl. Maybe I should go straight?" Changbin chided, lifting his bangs off his forehead to smack his bare face.

Taehyung sighed, a light laughter coming from his perfect face. "I don't think you should go back unless you definitely know. But just a suggestion, maybe burning everything he gave you or you shared with him would be a good start to this slow healing process."

"My sister did that with her ex's hoodie he lended her." Felix shared, a chuckle escaping before he knew it was coming. "He was so mad."

"Exactly! It's a small, but helpful, way to get revenge. It me feel better. My boyfriend got me hot chocolate and we watched the stars while basking in the warmth. That when-" There was a firm knock on the door, and Taehyung walked over to the door, opening it. "Jungkook!"

"Hey, babe. I got you a hot chocolate. And a donut." The detective said, walking into the room and smiling at the two boys on the couch. "Oh! Hey Felix, Changbin."

"What the fu-" Changbin quickly moved a hand over Felix's mouth before he let out a profanity. Taehyung laughed, rubbing the detective's shoulders.

"Thanks Kookie. I'll see you later, yeah?" Taehyung smiled, kissing the boys cheek.

Jungkook's cheeks flushed a bright pink, a shy smile playing on his lips, "Of course." Then he bolted out the door, a shy mess.

"Don't mind him, he's always been shy with affection. Anyway, I suggest doing something like burning his stuff." Taehyung said, sitting back at his desk. He fixed the papers on his desk again, scratching his head before smiling hp at the boys. "I'll see you next weekend, yeah?"

Changbin nodded, giving a smile to the psychiatrist. "Definitely! I'll tell you how the bonfire goes."

The shut the door behind the softly, and Felix finally let out the copious amount of laughter he had been holding in. "You never told me how laid back he was."

"You never asked." Changbin said, "and no, asking how the visit goes is not the same thing as asking about the doctor."

"Touché."