Chapter 1

Izaya's POV

I skip through the dimly lit streets, a smile plastered on my face. Another good day of business and playing with my precious humans. I turn into a familiar alley, one of my many clients currently drinking in a bar, with the entrance inside the alley. The street lights fade as my skipping halts. The client stands outside of the entrance, looking smug. "How nice it is to see you! I have the information you requested, all you have to do is give me the money in exchange." The man reaches into his pocket, I assume digging for his wallet.

I walk closer to him, pulling out my phone to show him the photographs and give him the info. I reach out my hand to take the money, but in a flash I am thrown to the ground. Two other men had appeared behind me. 'The hell? I didn't even hear them!' My would be client laughs, finally pulling a large knife out of his coat pocket. I try to stand, however I am quickly kicked back down by the other men. One of them stomps on my phone,  breaking it. I left my others in my apartment, thinking this would be quick.

The two men lift me up by my arms, slamming me into the brick wall. The other smiles deviously as he approaches, the knife glistening in the dim lights of the city. Before I can speak or struggle, one of the men holding me slams my head against the wall. Black spots appear in the corners of my vision, and I groan. These guys feel half as strong as Shizu-chan, which is saying something. My 'client' looms in front of my. "Why are you doing this? What will you gain from this?" I question, feeling slight panic tighten my throat. "Revenge maybe? Or perhaps because I think seeing the life fade from those beautiful eyes of yours would be an amazing sight to see." He cackles, and I struggle against my captors, not getting far out of their grip before being slammed against the wall again. My vision goes dark for a moment, and I feel one of them punch me hard in the stomach, and I let out a whimper of pain. The two men holding me drop me onto the cold pavement, and I feel my conciousness fading as they beat me to a pulp.

I wake up, my body feeling numb and warm. It feels almost as though I'm taking a nice warm bath, and I can't help but sigh at the feeling. I know I'm bleeding, the warm blood soaking through my shirt. It feels weird pressed against my skin, almost like I just got rained on. I collect myself before attempting to stand. With a groan, I pull myself to my feet. Everything hurts, and my left eye is swollen shut. I lean against the wall, and run a hand through my hair. I wince, feeling warm blood pouring from a wound on my head, and I pull my hand away. I stumble through the alley, leaning against the wall for support, feeling like I could collapse at any moment. "IZAAAYAAA!" I groan as I hear the familiar yell of the protozoan, not in the mood or condition to play with him right now. I hear a crash as a vending machine hits the ground next to me, and I flinch slightly.
"Hey Shizu-" I'm cut off by a cough shaking through me. I taste blood, and can see some on the ground at my feet. The ground comes to meet me as I lose my balance. "Flea?" Shizuo sounds surprised, and I merely groan in response. "Fuck off you stupid protozoan..." I hear him approaching as my vision darkens, and everything goes black.