Chapter 29

Izaya's POV

A few days had passed after me and Shizu-chan had officially started dating. Yesterday he had left to go back to work, much to my disappointment. I was still recovering, so he had ordered me to stay home.
Some of the days I felt like I was on top of the world, relishing every bit of affection I received. Other days I habitually annoyed him, however this time my questions for him more prying, wanting to know more about him. And of course I had my bad days, days I would push him away, a broken mess in my room. He never did anything to make me feel uncomfortable, doing everything at my pace. He understood that this kind of relationship was still foreign to me.

Today I felt pretty good overall, even with Shizuo absent from my penthouse. I was bored, wanting desperately to go outside. I was still recovering, so I was ordered by Shinra and Shizuo to not go out alone. Shizuo and I had discussed how our relationship would effect how we act outdoors previously. We'd ease into it, however we could always still play cat and mouse to keep my strength up once I'd recovered. However now it would be more a game of tag.
My boredom was growing by every passing minute, still no work from the Awakusu though, which I was thankful for. I had to decided to continue working with them for the time being, much to Shizuo's disapproval.
The chatroom was fairly empty today, except for TarouTanaka, Bacura, and Saika. I read through the logs, the trio mostly chatting about school and upcoming exams. Nothing interesting, until I saw my name.

Bacura: Izaya Orihara certainly has been quiet lately
Saika: Do you think he died?
TarouTanaka: I doubt it
Bacura: I doubt it as well
Saika: I wonder what he's up to then...probably scheming or something like that
Bacura: The entire town has been quiet lately, it's weird
TarouTanaka: Very, ever since I moved here there was always crazy exciting stuff happening. Now it just feels so boring.
~Kanra has logged in~
Kanra: Hi guys! Just checked the logs. I haven't been outside lately, I've been sick. Luckily my amazing boyfriend has been taking care of me uwu
Has anything new happened?
Saika: I didn't know you had a boyfriend, Kanra!
Bacura: Who's the lucky guy, Kanra-chan?

I huffed with slight annoyance, Masaomi and Mikado knew my real identity, however I frankly didn't care if they discovered who I was dating. I knew the slasher chick would be afraid if she found out who I was though, and who I was dating.

Kanra: I suppose you could say we're highschool sweethearts, though he used to find me annoying. He's a really peaceful guy once you get to know him.
Anyways I have to go now, got more homework to do -(^-^)-
Kanra: And as for what you all were saying earlier, I feel like Izaya will change if there's the right catalyst?
~Kanra has logged off~

I exited out of the tab, feeling mildly annoyed. I didn't care much for my Kanra charade anymore, and wondered if I could reveal my true identity to everyone eventually. However now was not the time. My godly mask was a hard program to delete you see, and I was afraid that people would use my humanity against me again.
My phone rang, and I answered, a familiar honey coated voice at the other end.
"Hey Flea, I'm on my way there. What do you want for dinner?"
A smile grew on my face, and I decided to take my chance and go outside. Even if it meant revealing our relationship to the public.
"I was hoping we could go out to eat tonight, Russian Sushi? I'm getting bored cooped up at home, Shizu-chan..."

We chatted aimlessly for a bit as I got ready to leave, Shizu-chan okay with my idea as long as I was careful. When he arrived we decided to take the train, my body still too weak to walk the distance.

The train ride was quiet, and I grew nervous quickly, slightly regretting my idea. I could feel people staring, their eyes burning against my skin. I'm sure they were confused as why we were talking so casually, and not trying to kill eachother.