Chapter 2

Shizuo's POV

I stare in shock at the half dead flea at my feet. I smell blood before I see it, his shirt soaked with it. I pick him up, surprised at how light he is. "I'm the only one allowed to kill you..." I growl, and pull out my phone, calling Celty. "Hey uh, the flea looks kinda dead, he's breathing but at this rate won't be for much longer. Can you bring us to Shinra's, I found him outside of the bar near Russia Sushi." I hang up, waiting with the flea in my arms. I can feel his blood seep into my clothes. "Damnit flea, you'll pay for this, ruining my damn clothes.."

Celty arrives quickly, and drives us to Shinra's at record speed.

Izaya's POV

I groan as I open my eyes, squinting against the bright lights shining down on me. I go to sit up, and gasp pain, clutching my stomach. "Izaya! You're awake!" I hear Shinra exclaim excitedly, making me wince, hurting my ears. "The hell?" I ask, looking over at him, my left eye still swollen shut. I look around, examining my surroundings. I'm in Shinra's apartment, I see Celty in one of the chairs, and Shinra to my side. Then I look to my body. I'm covered in bruises, and I have a large bandage on my stomach above my right hip. The memories of the event come back to me, and I groan. I go to stand, swinging my legs over the edge of the bed. As soon as I'm to my feet searing pain shoots through me, and I nearly fall to the ground, Shinra grabbing my arm to prevent that. He sits me back down, and I mutter a small thanks.

"So, Izaya. What exactly happened to you?" Shinra prods, and I roll my eyes. "The usual, another client gone wrong. The everyday life of an informant." I reply, bored and wanting to leave. Shinra nods in understanding, "You were out for quite a few hours." I pull on my shirt and jacket, feeling exposed. "Thanks for the help Shinra, but I really should be on my way." I stand up again, this time prepared for the pain that shoots through me. Shinra nods, "You know the drill."

I arrive at my apartment, thanking Celty for bringing me home. I open my door and lock it behind me, quickly heading to my room and crawling into bed.