Chapter 7

Izaya's POV

I groaned in response to the angry yells coming from the beasts lips, annoyed. I dragged myself to my feet, leaning on the wall for support. "Had to work." I said matter-of-factly, still shivering despite the warmth of my apartment enveloping me. Shizuo didn't seem satisfied with this response, and grabbed me by my collar, throwing me onto the couch roughly. I let out a pained grunt, gritting my teeth in agony. "Do you have any idea how worried I was! You could have gotten hurt, or worse! Not to mention you're still recovering, someone could have easily killed you!" He yelled at me, furious. I chuckled coldly, "You? Worried about me? What kind of bullshit is that..."
He looks away, guilt obvious on his face, before muttering, "I'm the only one allowed to kill you, got that? You damned flea."
I rolled my eyes in exasperation, not responding to his words. Instead I lay there, too tired to will myself to move or fight back.

We stare at each other in silence for what feels like an eternity, broken only by the cough soon escaping me. I cough violently, pain shooting through me as each one rakes through me. I hug my knees as the coughing fit dies down, my throat raw. The beast brings me a glass of water, which I happily chug down, soothing my throat. After I finish he picks me up, cradling me gentle as he carries me to my room and lays me down on my bed. I begin to nod off as he changes my bandages and clothes.
He wraps himself around me afterwards, holding me close to his chest.

How did this brute turn from monster to caring so fast? And why for me, the person he would have gladly killed just a few days ago? My head spun with questions as I fell into a restless slumber.