Chapter 26

Izaya's POV

I woke up again sometime later, yawning widely. Sun trickled in from my large window, warming the room. My neck ached slightly from using Shizu-chan's lap as a pillow, his thighs not soft at all, muscly bastard. I looked up at the man in question, his head leaned back, clearly asleep. I got up, in a crawling position, stretching and arching my back like a cat. I ignored the pain dancing through my body, getting up and limping to my desk. I sat down in the chair, turning on my computer. I looked at my phone, ignoring the texts from the Awakusu, not having the energy to deal with them again so soon, even if it was for business. My logged into my computer, opening up my emails. I sighed, immediately seeing one from Shiki. He said I deserved what happened to me, and I bit my lip, mentally agreeing with him. I didn't respond, and simply exited the tab. I logged into the chatroom, conversing with the friends I had on there. Only Mikado knows my true identity.
~Kanra has entered the chat~
TarouTanaka: Hey Kanra, long time no see!
Setton: What's up?

They were the only ones online, I forgot it was a Tuesday, most of the others in classes at school.

Kanra: I'm alright for the most part. I got jumped yesterday and got a bit beat up. Luckily my boyfriend came to the rescue! (^♡^)
Setton: That's terrible! I'm glad you're alright
Setton: I didn't know you had a boyfriend! Lucky guy, I'm sure
TarouTanaka: I'm glad you're okay, do you know who attacked you if you don't mind me asking?
Kanra: I'm not sure, they were a bunch of meanies though! °○•(>~<)•○°
Kanra: I swear, this city is becoming more and more dangerous everyday! I wish I could just take a break for once...
Setton: I feel you there, I would love to take a break as well...
TarouTanaka: Same here
Kanra: Well I gotta go now! Bye! <<3
~Kanra has logged off~

I'm surprised Celty hasn't figured it out yet. Mikado had found out my true identity with ease, he was surely an interesting human. I turned off my computer, not having much else to do.
I was growing increasingly bored, pacing around my house, ignoring the pain that came with each step. Shizu-chan was sleeping heavily, clearly exhausted.
I continued to pace, before my leg suddenly gave out, and I landed on the floor with a thud. I yelped in pain as I hit the floor, landing on the thigh I had been shot in, the same leg that just gave out. My eyes darted to Shizu-chan, still asleep, I sighed in relief. I crawled to the bathroom, knowing that clumsy move probably reopened a few wounds.

I patched myself back up, biting my lip in pain. I brought myself to my feet, looking at myself in the mirror.
I look like shit, my hair a mess. My face and body covering in bruises and cuts, and one of my eyes swollen and purple. I tore my eyes away, and stumbled out of the bathroom and back to my room. I ignored the blood that I'd left on the floor where I fell, too tired to be bother with cleaning it up. I collapsed into my bed, falling asleep once again.